cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Sparrow80
Occasional Contributor

Fetch Box constantly loses sound.

This is pathetic Optus! I have to change my audio settings EVERYDAY I turn on my TV. Fetch settings need to be changed from Stereo to surround sound and you need to add your passcode.
It actually doesn’t matter which setting you change it to, it just needs to be changed and the volume comes back again. 

When is the fix coming for this!!?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch Box constantly loses sound.

That is unusual, I'm not experiencing that problem with my Fetch TV and we haven't seen others reporting this.

I'll check again when I'm home tonight, in the meantime have you tried a soft reset and other Fetch TV audio troubleshooting?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Check my original post out from 2017 

No Sound using HDMI on Fetch Mighty ‎2017-03-28 12:26 PM

I have contacted TV suppliers, both different vendors and the TV's and audio is fine, and we have established before that this is the fetch box's. No hard, soft or volume control reset works here. I've done multiple resets and they don't work.

I found a solution online that someone posted a video about which is why I haven't bothered until now to keep complaining. The unit needs to have the audio changed every 2nd day at least for the volume to come back. It's like its muted. This happens with normal tv, Netflix and whatever else im watching. 

To fix, you go into audio/video settings. Change from stereo to surround sound (or vice versa doesn't matter) once you enter your password and change the setting, the volume is back on! that's it! But when you have to do it every second day for a long time, this becomes frustrating and irritating. 

I'll happily show you in a video what I mean as it gets very frustrating, but its how I've had to deal so that we didn't have to replace the entertainment that we bought now 2 years ago.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If the Fetch box is faulty, please contact us to arrange a replacement.

Unfortunately any saved recordings will be lost.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Can you please send me your email as I have just recorded it and would like your opinion. Both my fetch boxes can’t be faulty with the exact same issue. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Stevieray
Contributor

Hi Sparrow, and optus, did you ever get a solution to this issue. I now have the same. It's just started happening out of the blue. Every other day i have to change sound to either stereo or Dolby and pass code to enable sound. Ridiculous issue.   Please help guys. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Stevieray
Contributor

Fetch mighty no sound.

Hi,  out of the blue, every other day i have to change sound to either stereo or Dolby and use pass code to enable sound. Ridiculous issue.   

Please help guys. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi StevieRay,

Have you tried the troubleshooting advised in this thread?

If technical support is still required, please contact us as we're unable to provide that here as we can't look at account details.

0 Kudos
Contributor Stevieray
Contributor

Hi, ive tried everything mate... not sure what else to do. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Have a chat to Technical Support. If it's concluded you have a faulty box then there wasn't much you could have done.

Please let us know how you go.

0 Kudos