Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mdrinan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch Box cannot connect to WIFI

Hello,

I recently reset my wifi password and am now UNABLE to get my fetch box to connect to wifi.

When i went to "settings" to update password i only got the "wired" option (no option for updateing wifi).

Tried restarting etc many times.

After many failed attempts i finally did a "reset" and now when i start fetch i get a "Lets Get Connected" screen...however once again it only gives the option for "wired"...no option for wifi.

How can i resolve this?

Thanks

PS: my internet connection was working fine on Fetch, until i updated wifi  password.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Box cannot connect to WIFI

Do you have another device that can connect to the wifi currently (i.e. your phone) - just to confirm its working?

Also try setting up a wifi hotspot on your phone and seeing if the Fetch can see/connect to this - Again just diagnostics?

Have you done a soft and/or hard reset on the fetch box itself? Not just restarting?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
mdrinan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

All my other devises connect to wifi fine (TV, Phone, Ipad), its only the fetch box thats the issue.

Pretty sure i did a soft (reset) rather than hard - either way the only screen that appears now is the "lets connect"screen, i cant seem to get past it to do a hard reset.  I'll try the horspot suggestion when i get home tonight...

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

There are a few other posts recently about Fetch boxes not being able to see the wifi. No pattern yet.

A hard reset shouldn't need you to boot up. It will delete all your shows though.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
mdrinan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How do i do the hard reset if i cant get to the screen where i would nornally select it?

I cannot do anything with it because it wont let me get passed the 'lets connect' screen..

Is there something on the box itself i can do to perform a hard reset?  thanks

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Instructions included in the link above.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
mdrinan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes i did follow that process the other day -- no light appeared--the fetch box did reboot, however just brought me back to the 'lets connect' screen without any option for wifi

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ah. It may well be a faulty box then. Its leased so you can request Optus replace it for no charge (They'll send out a satchel to return the old one in). 

Only other thought I had was do the set up connected to wire. Then see if the wireless menu option appears later on.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
mdrinan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hmm seems like that may be the case.

Is there a way i can request a new Fetch Box in this Forum by chance?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Of course, but I don't know if any member would be feeling generous enough to give you their's though.

Better to contact LIVECHAT (24/7) and just request it there.

Just say the wifi option is permenently disabled on setup and you have done a HARD reset to no avail.

Delivery is usually very fast IME.

Peter Gillespie