Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor SalehLuke
New Contributor

Fetch Box Not Active

Hi We've had Fetch TV for over three years, no issues until two weeks ago when message came up saying "Box Not Active". Have done both the soft and hard reboot, but still receive the error message. No issues with internet connection. Have called support three times now. First time was told issue would be solved in 48 hours. I called back after two business days, and told issue is still being investigated, and would be resolved by the end of the week. Received a text message the issue still being looked into. End of week came and went, still not active. Have just called a third time, and told "many customers are experiencing this issue so it will take some time to fix". Well, that's new information! Main reason we have Fetch is for the Chinese entertainment pack so mum can watch TV (speaks limited english). I would appreciate a straight answer and this issue to be fixed asap.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Box Not Active

No seeing this as a widespread issue (yours is the first post I've seen here). 

Suggest you try get through to the Fetch Department (either LIVECHAT or probably better by phone)

Optus can deactivate boxes just by filling out a single field. If the department can't give yo a good answer as to what is going on, then just request a new fetch box be sent out. You will lose your recordings)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Moderator Kartika

Hi @SalehLuke, sorry about your Yes TV by Fetch box issue. Is the box working now? Is it asking for an activation code? Any updates since posting? If the issue still persist then contact Tech Support again on 131344 (open 24x7) to escalate it further. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hello. The box is working now but we are unable to use as it does not pick up the remote. Tried putting in new batteries to the remote, but didn't help. Replied to a help desk text and got a phone call two hours later. Only solution now is to get a replacement box. Sadly this means a lot of lost recorded programmed. While not the best solution, it is a solution. It is only unfortunate that I was given the run around, given reassurances and promises that were not delivered on, and even told out right lies by a support person (that this was a problem among many customers), and such a simple thing would take two weeks to resolve.
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thank you for your message Peter. I tried the live chat, but they couldn't help and had tech support call instead. Also your information about this not being a widespread issue helped, as when speaking again to tech support, I pushed that issue, and they admitted it was only my box that seemed to have the issue. After that phone call, I received a message the issue was resolved. It was, sort of, as the box now works, but does not work with the remote. So now a replacement box is being sent. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Bit too late, but there is a fetch app that has a built in remote. I believe it lets you do the normal stuff as well as setting recordings etc. while out and about. Surprised they didn't first try send out a replacement remote.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@SalehLuke, as what @petergdownload has advised there is an application that allows you to use your smartphone as a Fetch remote. There's also a remote set up guide available here → https://www.fetchtv.com.au/pdf/Fetch_TV_Remote_User_Guide_V2.pdf. How'd they come to the conclusion that the fault was with the Fetch box itself and not the remote control?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos