cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Sm0keyCat
New Contributor

Fetch App connection to Fetch Mighty Box

I travel frequently so need to be able to program my recording of tv programs using my Fetch Android app. It will frequently lose the free to air channels in the tv guide and at the same time tells me that it cannot connect to the box. When I get home I find that although the box is on standby the blue internet light is on and it does not go off until I turn the box on and off. So I miss programs I am trying to record.

Any solutions please.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch App connection to Fetch Mighty Box

Hi

I don't think you can set the recordings unless you are on the same wifi as the fetch box, could be wrong though and it wouldn't be the first time.

However most tv programs are on catch up so you can see them when you are home via the fetch apps or the easier way for me is to cast them to the tv using Chromecast.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Davelew,

I am afraid you are wrong this time. That is the whold point of havingthe mobild app - to be able to set recordings when away from home. Unfortunately it does not seem very reliable.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

As I said not for the first time.

I am away from home at the moment as, as before, doesn't show the FTA programs, only the streamed Fetch channels.  That's why I thought you needed to be on the same wifi otherwise how does the app know which area FTA channels to record.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

I have been able to set a recording away from home before. However my issue does not only relate to fta channels but also to my package channels.

0 Kudos