Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Activation Code

Sorry for the rant but Ive had continually NBN and Fetch issues for over a month now and while Optus process the forth Fetch Mighty replacement box in 5 weeks (1 of which was 2nd hand and FILTHY \ Sticky when being unboxed), ive requested a Fetch Mini ive had in the cupboard for a year be activated (kids have been without TV for a month 😞 ) but for the last 4 weeks im continually being told by Optus support to "wait 4 to 8 hours" despite telling them i still havent received the activation code. Ive tried to search this on the Optus support page which says the following;

"Get your code online

You can register your Fetch box or retrieve your activation code in  My Account:

• Your activation code will be displayed, otherwise select Register and enter the serial number located at the top of the Fetch box"

But nowhere under services does "Fetch" appear (not even my primary Fetch box is appearing) and there is no "Register" button.

Ive raised 2 seperate customer relation tickets (the first in March) in an attempt to get this sorted and still nothing.

Is it just me going crazy or has Optus' customer service really gone down? Im really questioning why im paying so much when this is the level of customer service / support a 20+ year customer is provided.

Is anyone else experiences such poor customer service? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch Activation Code

No need to apologise for having a rant, SChar.

Pretty understandable after reading your post.

If you have the latest version of the My Optus app, it now has the Fetch Activation code there.

Otherwise I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on our public forum.

Have you been contacted by a Customer Relations team member? If so, what's their name?

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Ray_YC ,

Thanks for your prompt response, yes i did receive an email from a case manager on April 18 to which i instantly replied but since that time I haven't heard anything. I dont want to name and shame on a public forum but i would happily discuss in private. Is there a way i can contact you directly? 

Further to my rant, i manager to get a technical support person this morning who mentioned my order is "stuck in the system" and is required to be escalated to the "backend team" which will take a minimum of 48 hours. I cant understand why so many issues keep occuring?

I have 3 young children who are currently being homeschooled due to COVID 19, we run a business from home and we have had intermittent NBN and NO TV for a month.  I honestly cant believe it still ongoing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm afraid we no longer have the private messaging feature here. If their first name isn't a common name I should be able to easily locate them in the staff directory. I can't give you an explanation for the system errors, it unfortunately happens from time to time.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos