Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch Activation Code not working

I’ve received my Fetch activation code but it’s not validating?

If you’ve received a Fetch set top box as part of a Fixed Broadband bundle, the activation code will not work until your broadband service is up and running. You may see the below message on your TV’s display:

Fetch box not activated prompt.jpg

Fetch box not activated prompt

You'll need to wait until your broadband and home phone service are up and running. If both services are working, but you're still seeing the activation prompt above,  you’ll need to contact us.

Please leave Optus a message for further assistance and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Activation Code not working

Hi,

Actually, my Optus NBN / Broadband is up and running, I have internet and been more than 24 hours.

The Fetch box Firmware got updated on first boot and then the last setup screen appeared where i need to input the activation code, thus throwing incorrect code.

Kindly reset the code or activate it in your system, Its been a long wait.

Awaiting a response.

Thanking you

Regards

kony

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

HI I got NBN connected on Friday and the activation code isn't valid. Is there any way I can talk to someone about how to get a new code please? can I have an online chat with someone from Optus about this. I AM NOT paying for fetch tv until this is fixed as its been over a month without it!! 

Kind regards 

Liz 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi kony,

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on this public forum to be able to do that. You will need to leave Optus a message.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Oh no! Not what we like to hear, @lizbeth15.

If you're getting any errors when you try to enter the activation code, it might be worth checking the activation code for your Fetch within My Account. 

You can find a step by step guide on how to do this here

If this still isn't working, I'd suggest getting in touch with our team via Messenger so we can take a closer look.

Please note, our Messenger teams are currently experiencing higher than normal wait times so if you can leave your details as well as your first and last name it'll ensure we're getting a resolution to you as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Okay this now makes sense. Your internet is up and working as soon as you plug in your Optus modem via NBN connection point. However, it appears until your phone number has completed porting over to Optus from your previous provider, your account is still with the previous provider and you will pay your previous provider under whatever contract you had with them right up until the transfer is complete. My guess is that your Optus account will not active until the transfer from your previous provider is finalised. Make sense? Yes/No/Maybe. Any hold up may not necessarily be with Optus. Because of COVID-19 I think we can assume it will take longer than usual to complete the transfer as this type of think would likely not be regarded as a priority function.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Ray_YC ,

I left the message into the Optus messaging app.... but i am always getting transferred to the concerned team but no one response... i am just being put n wait indefinitely ;(

Is that something so difficult to get sorted.

Regards

kony

0 Kudos