Ask a Question
New Contributor Ben9
New Contributor

Faulty Fetch TV Box

My Fetch TV has recently developed a number of faults such as:

• Exiting Netflix when an item is selected to play
  • Spontaneously turning off
  • Not being able to play media from USB or Streamed from media centre on PC

Previously all these functions worked perfectly.

What can I do replace this faulty box? Live chat tech support were not helpful, their only suggestion was to try the general call centre.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Faulty Fetch TV Box

Hi

You will need to phone Optus as they will ask you to go through some checks with the fetch box.

If that doesn't clear the faults they will arrange for a new box to be delivered and to send a satchel for the return of the faulty one.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The turning off and Netflix might be heat related. Try the box out on the open? Does Netflix always exit?

The streaming issues are because fetch broke that capability with its December fw update. Optus response has been less than awesome (well fix it some time next year). Couple of angry posts on it if you search. Most are asking fetch to just roll back the broken fw to the last release but that's not happening.

Have you done a soft and hard reset on the fetch?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Paul73
New Contributor

I to have 2x faulty Fetch Mighty box that doesn’t pick up free to air TV. Reported the issue 9 nearly 10 months ago and still no fix. Apparently they only have 1 mighty box on the contact yet their charging for 2 mighty boxes. They sent out a fetch mini as a loan unit when I reported the issue, and their also charging me rental for this box. In November last year, they finally had a fix for the faulty boxes, I have to purchase a RF splitter from them? Where is the warranty on their products when they admitted that anyone with this issue was being charged to buy the $40 part. Isn’t warranty meant that parts are supplied and installed for free?  A week ago they were meant to be sending out 1 fetch mighty box that and I quote ‘we don’t know if the mighty box will work’. 

I have found that dealing with Optus has been disgusting and once my contract expires, will be leaving them. 

Still waiting for for the replacement unit to arrive then who knows, will the 2nd box be swapped out just as easy or will this be going on for another 9-10 months just to get the box replaced under warranty. 

I certinaly believe that that they have well and truely broken the consumer law and breached their contract but that’s a different issue. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ak2270
New Contributor

Yesterday I posted my ordeal here with the Optus Fetch TV support and all that I am going through with a faulty box  and trying to get it replaced. I will soon be entering my third week of trying to get help. 

So good luck I guess, with whatever you are trying to do. I have still not got any support from optus here, so I am not that hopeful about it.

I am now thinking of opening an official complaint with the Telephone Industry Ombudsman, I think I have enough ground for it and I will surely be terminating the internet services as soon as I am able to.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors