Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rhoges
New Contributor
New Contributor

FTA Free To Air TV glitching/freezing/pixelating

So i'm on my 3rd fetch box which have all failed for the same problem, the FTA tuner fails. It's now gotten to the point that FTA is now no longer viewable. This box is only 6 months old! They work fine for 6 months than caput! Poor quality. At least i'm not paying for it.

Optus if you read, SORT THIS OUT WITH THE MANUFACTURER! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: FTA Free To Air TV glitching/freezing/pixelating

In the abscence of widespread compaints of Fetch box failures its more likely your reception is close to the digital cliff. Digital TV works 100% while the reception decreases until a specific point and then drops rapidly. Have you taken the box to a mates house and seen if it tunes in OK there?

Peter Gillespie 

0 Kudos
rhoges
New Contributor
New Contributor

So the tuner in my TV works without issue and picture is clear but the FB doesn't after 6 months? I bet I'd bet better picture with bunny ears on my TV than what the FB is scrambling on the screen

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Google digital cliff. Your tv can work 100% on a signal of 68% while the FB can give nothing. Do the signal to 65% and your TV might also give nothing. There are devices that can boost your reception. Testing your FB on another person's home might provide some confirmation. 

That said the FB is known for week tuners. Just looking for a practical solution as your 4th box is not going to perform differently.

0 Kudos
AlistarS
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@rhoges,

We have an article up on our Blog page. It might be of some use. 

Fetch Free-to-air Troubleshooting 

I've had some success with a 2-way non power pass splitter. You can pick one up for $6-7 from your local electronics retailer.  You'll also need an additional Arial cable & 2 x F-59 Plug to Female PAL TV Socket adaptors.  I can't guarantee that it'll resolve the issue, but seeing as you've already had 3 Fetch boxes, it's worth giving it a shot 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors