Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Rebel
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

FETCH TV MIGHTY - BLACK UNRESPONSIVE THEN PINK SCREEN

I set up my new Mighty Box yesterday all seemed to be fine. Today I went to it, just had a black screen and was unresponsive to the remote. I turned it off and on, then it had a bright pink screen, the video came through but with the pink overlay on the picture and no audio.  Turned it off and on again, seems to be back to normal.

I've read a few Posts on here about the Pink Screen and the Black Screen with the box unresponsive, but no definitive answer.

Never had these issues with the Generation 2 Box.

Is the Box faulty and I need a replacement?

Should I keep the Gen 2 Box instead and wait for a new Fetch Box to come out that doesn't have these issues?

Thanks for any help. 

EDIT: Now I am getting Bandwidth Low message, only have Fetch Streaming and one Computer on. Changed to the NBN last week, get about 20mbps - 25mbps, when all is well, compared to 3mbps on ADSL.  Is this Mighty Box , mighty hungry on data? 

I know the speeds dropped badly last night, hope it's not congestion problems already.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Casey_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: FETCH TV MIGHTY - BLACK UNRESPONSIVE THEN PINK SCREEN

Hey @Rebel, when you get a chance can you please perform a reset on the Fetch box via Menu>Manage>Settings>Device Info>Options>Restart. Can you please confirm if your Fetch is connected via Ethernet or WiFi? 

0 Kudos
Windmill
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same compatability issue between my Fetch Mighty and Sony Android TV.  A replacement box has not fixed it nor have all the other restart, power on/off, change hdmi cable and or input solutions.  Optus has now recommended that I buy an hdmi 1.4 splitter to fix the problem.  Has anyone else found this to be a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Windmill
Contributor
Contributor

I have added the splitter and it appears to have fixed the problem!

0 Kudos
James1969
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I added a HDMI 1.4 4K splitter and it still comes up pink, it worked the first time and I was ecstatic but then the next times it has gone back to pink. It's only on one of my fetch mighty boxes the latest version and not the fetch mini.

It's every time I go to turn on the box, I have to do a soft reset every time.

Anyone else have any ideas please? I don't see any newer posts on this so is no one else having this happen anymore?

@Optus 

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hi @James1969, sorry to see that you're having issues with your Fetch Box. If a soft reset is only a temporary solution, have you tried to conduct a Hard Reset on your Fetch Set Top Box and check that your Fetch Box is updated with the latest software? 

We have a Support Page that provided step-by-step instructions.

Please keep in mind, a Hard Reset will erase any saved content & recordings on your Fetch box. If you're still experiencing issues after this, I would recommend engaging with our Technical Support Team via the MY Optus App. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

James1969
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was afraid you would say that @Ness_YC  and was hoping for a more concrete solution than the typical hard reset response that you get from tech support anyway.

I guess I have no other option. Unfortunate as I purchased the splitter due to the previous "solution" on this forum so I guess that was a complete waste of money.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors