cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Sunscreen
New Contributor

FETCH: Free to air channels without an aerial?

Hi Crowd,

My house doesn't have an aerial, and it's going to cost around $1,500 to install one (it's a very tricky site).

Until recently we had Foxtel (via cable), and received all free to air channels via Foxtel 

For a number of reasons we have gotten rid of Foxtel.  Is there any way of receiving free to air channels via Optus Fetch?  

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: FETCH: Free to air channels without an aerial?

Only way is to use the free to airs own streaming services - and I dont think fetch has support for these apps anyway (a heap of tvs do though).

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

I would suggest purchasing a Chromecast dongle and streaming live TV and catchup using the the TV companies apps.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

$1500 sounds amazingly 'tricky'. If aesthetics are of primary importance then yes the $ can mount up. But connecting an aerial to your TV is no huge issue. You could look into a window mounted option. Or perhaps a caravan aerial. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/antsig-caravan-antenna-kit_p4360419

But first try an indoor antenna and see what you get. Return for a refund if you keep the receipt. 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?page=1&q=indoor%20antenna&sort=BoostOrder&pageSize=60

Peter

New Contributor Sunscreen
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions!

0 Kudos