cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Eurosport Channel Closure

At 11.59pm on 7 December2020, Eurosport (CH 156will be removed from Fetch. Subscribers will no longer have access to Eurosport after this date. 

The channel is being removed as it will exit the Australian market on 8 December2020.  

As the channel is leaving the Australian market, there is no option to retain the channel on Fetch. 
We will miss it, but unfortunately this change is beyond our control.  

What does this mean?  

• Eurosport will cease transmission on CH 156 at 11.59pm on 7 December2020. 
  • You will need to watch your recordings before then as they won't be playable after this date. 
  • On 5 November, all Eurosport subscribers will be unsubscribed from the Eurosport pack so that they are not billed for the pack after the channel is removed on 7 December. Subscribers will cease being charged for Eurosport at the end of their subscription month. However, no matter when they stop being billed for Eurosport, they will maintain access to the channel until 7 December, 2020. 

FAQs:

Q. How do I cancel my channel subscription before the channel leaves?

Fetch and Optus will automatically cancel your subscription for you on 5 November so that you are not charged after 7 December. For queries about your subscription, you can contact Optus.  

Q: Will I get another channel in its place?

No, your Eurosport pack subscription will be cancelled from the cease transmission date. Fetch has alternative channel packs, for more information visit the Fetch on Optus page.

Q: I only have Fetch for the Eurosport channel, can I cancel my service?

Fetch provides access to other sport packs such as Optus Sport and beIN SPORTS (subscriptions required). Sport is also available in the Fetch Vibe Pack (available for $6/month subscription). For more information regarding Fetch channel packs click here.
If you no longer wish to keep your Fetch service you will need to contact Optus. Please remember that all equipment is leased from Optus (i.e. Set-top-box etc) and will need to be returned within 30 days. Fees apply to all equipment not returned. If you do contact us to cancel your service, we’ll let you know how to return your equipment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
5 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Eurosport Channel Closure

This is bloody annoying and frustrating as Fetch has only had this channel for a year and it was the only reason I moved to Fetch. I'll now have to cancel my Fetch subscription and look to access Eurosport someother way. Thanks Fetch & Optus, you suck!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The only possible explanation I can come up with is Eurosport intend to launch their Eurosport Player platform in Australia. So perhaps to do that they have to sever ties with all other broadcasting first. The existing Australian Eurosport 1 channel service on first Foxtel and more recently Fetch has been terrible for years. Poor Timetabling; cut off of events ; no event information ; no support; lack of communication; etc etc Have all plagued the service. In contrast, the Eurosport service in Europe and the UK is high profile with numerous channels And many major events covered very well. Let’s hope we get the same here finally - we deserve it after putting up with this crap 1 channel half-baked effort we’ve had for years from them.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is very disappointing, as I also was prompted to move from Foxtel to continue watching Eurosport. I understand this is not in Optus's hands, and do it take it that it was also not Fetch's choice? Is there anyway we can provide feedback to Eurosport (or Fetch if they have any say)? Thanks.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

re Eurosport player: makes sense. frustrating though... and you still need to use another device and cast to your screen if you want to watch on something other than a tablet or phone sized screen...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Terribly disappointing

i personally love Cycling and Snooker and this channel gives me both in abundance.

Even if Eurosport do release their player platform in Australia, it just seems ridiculous to me that these Streaming channels do not realise or think about how many providers sports nuts can actually pay for.

I have FETCH

I have Kayo to get the Fox Sport channels Optus doesn’t have & I get Be In Sports there

I have WWE Network to get the pay previews for the cost of the account fee instead of needing to pay $50 each PPV

I had Eurosport here with Fetch Optus to get Cycling, Cycling and more Cycling

A person can only have so many accounts before it because too much.

it’s not the fault of Optus or Fetch as the first responder alluded too, it’s not the fault of FOXTEL either.

Eurosport want their piece of the Subscription pie, I just don’t understand how they were not better off just taking their annual payments from all the Cable providers around the world. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors