Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Entertainment Subscription issues/ Relocating Issues/ General Optus Issues

Anyone else experienced Entertainment Subscription issues ? 

I recently moved house and what was first discussed three weeks prior to  moving would be a straightforward "same day switch" has snowballed into a ongoing saga with no obvious conclusion.

First up problem was no internet and Tv for a week (free to air aerials not working - not Optus' fault), who can live like that? Until I received my new modem (my old modem was only 3 months old), no one told me this was going to happen..

Finally, once internet back up tried to set up Fetch TV. Even though I wasn't informed and wondering why my Fetch Gen2 wasn't working (even with how many hours on the phone) Optus apparantly planning to send me the gen3 (two weeks too late) which looked ok (but no youtube app?!! -feels like a downgrade - nice looking remote though). set it up OK but couldn't add channels to subscription and getting message "fetch service is not yet connected to your fixed broadband account". anyone else get this message?

Also lost all the movies I paid to own on my orignal fetch box (still waiting for confirming compensation on that...), not to mention pre-records hadn't got to watching or all the EPL games I rewatch.

I also switched plans, or did I? Im really not sure anymore; everyone tells me or confirms something different - am I on Entertainment or Entertainment Plus? 

Then I get charged delivevry fees for new modem, which is exactly the same as my old modem and was never told I'ld get a new modem (hoepfully this will be reversed..)

Aside from above everything working fine, UNTIL im suddenly deactivated, yet again no one informs me of this happening, but because of above subscription issue they've deactivated my new fetch box, though Tech support thinks I've accidentally returned my new Fetch gen3 box as if im sort of moron that cant tell the boxes apart... Then I learn they cant' reactivate once they deactivate - how stupid is this? beyond "try turning it off then back on" I dont know what else tech support can do... 

so now I'm waiting for my third fetch box in two weeks to be couriered - couldn't they deactivate me on a Monday so I don't miss this weeks football. Couldn't I choose the decatiavtion time at my determined time?, instead of 7pm on a public holiday Thurday night. Why couldnt I keep my new/old box running until the new one arrives - what kind of sick joke is all of this? I did find it funny that the tech support person thought Australia day was a week long holiday (where are they calling from?:))

Don't even get me staretd on customer service on the phone, - multiple disconnects, incorrect tarnsfers (how many times have I been sent to the mobile team??), and rude people who put you on hold and keep you on hold until my surprise "you are calling after operating hours" and disconncets as the clock strikes 8pm (I can only imagine the woman at the other end lauighing all the way home at this dunce waiting on hold)

Also how ridiculous is it that when you move you have to set up a new account and close the old account? Ive got credit in my old account which I'm meant to be able to "simply transfer over" once i recieve my next bill on my new account. No one informed me that I'ld have a new phone number too, so imagine my surprise when I learnt that!

I always thought moving house was a painful experince -dealing with Property Managers, viewing subpar properties that looked good in the pics, weekends wasted house hunting, the rental application process and comepting with 50 other applicants on decent property, inevitably paying more rent than what you are on, the added costs of moving, packing up everything, clearing out unwanted stuff, ,physically shifting stuff, cleaning the house you've moved out of, cleaning the house you've moved into, paying for carpet cleaners, finding all 86 keys you were first given when you first moved in, paying new bond and a month in advance, waiting for old bond repayment, unpacking everything once moved in, wondering where the hell you can put everything, notifying changing address to all and sundry, new property inspection reports with 6000 pictures included, working out the new best route for daily commute..... YET NONE OF THE ABOVE COMBINED IS AS PAINFUL AS RELOCATING YOUR OPTUS BUNDLE.

finally damn Optus for having the Premier League! - its a shame the service doesn't match the product - which is actually excellent when working.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Entertainment Subscription issues/ Relocating Issues/ General Optus Issues

Hi @LShap, I'm really disappointed to hear of your experience relocating. If you are willing, please send through the details of you account via a Private Message. For a billing enquiry such as this we'll need to ID you first before looking into it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It’s practically impossible to make a complaint. This really is very poor service. I think the ombudsman should do something about paying penalties when service to relocate is so piss poor. Even posting this took several steps! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Kkkbarl,

What's the issue you're having? Maybe it's something we can help out with from our end. You're always welcome to send a PM through to one of our mods. We will need your full name, DOB and account number. You can reach me directly via → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos