Searching...

Editing of mini matches

bobalob

Hi everyone

I am loving the mini matches, great for watching important games that do not feature my favourite team. I do have a question though.

For the first time ever the other day, I watched a mini match, Barcelona versus Tottenham, even though I had watched the match in full the night before. I was shocked that one of the best moments of the game did not appear in the mini match.

At the 75th minute (just before and just after) Tottenham forward Lucas Moura had a header saved off the line by the save of the match and then there was a follow-up shot that just went wide.

In the mini match, the editors cut out everything from the 70th minute through to the 84th minute completely missing out that part of the action. Now that makes me wonder when watching these mini matches if I'm really seeing the best of the action?

So the question; who does the editing, is it Optus, and if so, can steps be taken to try and improve what is shown in the mini matches?

Thanks, Bob

Re: Editing of mini matches

Jeneral__Pain

I doubt Optus are editing the content to that level, it could be the provider who supplies them with content though.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Dan_C

I'm almost positive that the mini matches are cut and edited by an in-house production team in Sydney. 

I'll have to confirm that, but I'm fairly certain. They were introduced earlier on in the year. 

@bobalob, We've had some pretty good feedback on the Mini-Matches so far. what you've described sounds like an oversight to me. 

Hopefully, by the start of the 2019/2020 season, all matches we broadcast will be available on-demand and in mini-match format. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jeneral__Pain

Oh wow, I'm surprised that isn't offshored, like everything else at Optus... 

I stand corrected! 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Dan_C

Hey, not everything! haha. 

My team are in rainy ol Melbourne Smiley Happy 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

bobalob

Thank you both for your replies.

Dan, I hope you are right, in that it was just an oversight for that particular game. I do hope it's not a case of the editors cutting it down to 24 minutes as quickly as they can and then going off to the pub :-)

I love these mini matches, they are an excellent addition, so I am really hoping that for the most part they are showing the best of the action. If anyone from the editing department can throw some light on this, I'd love to hear from them.

Dan_C

This is the first sort of "negative" feedback I've had.

Let us know if you pick up on anything similar after this round. Happy to relay that back to the team. 

Highlighted

bobalob

I prefer to think of it as "constructive" rather than "negative":-) By and large, I think you're doing a great job, you just need to secure the FA Cup in the League Cup as well :-) :-)

I don't usually watch the mini matches after watching the full game, but if I do and I notice another major highlight missing, I will let you know. Thanks for your help, Bob

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos