Searching...
Accepted Solution

EPL on Optus - on demand games missing

Bourbon80

Hi Team,

Can someone assist as i am unable to find the Arsenal v Bournemouth game on demand available, the game was played at 2 am EST Monday 28th of November. Is there a minimum number of hours before the game becomes available? Is there a limit to which games become available on demand every weekend? 

This is not the first time that an Arsenal game was not available on demand. This is concerning as it contradicts your advertising and selling promise that all games would be available.

look forward to your response.

Regards

Solution

Re: EPL on Optus - on demand games missing

Dan_C

Hey @Bourbon80, thanks for coming through Smiley Happy

As per our communication 290 of the 380 matches will be made available on demand. Arsenal V Bournemoth won't be featuring this week. You can catch a replays of the match through out the week on Optus Sport:

28/11/2016 @ 7:30am

28/11/2016 @ 8:45pm

30/11/2016 @ 3:00am

1/12/2016 @ 3:00pm

We actually put up a weekly blog before the rounds matches commence → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Premier-League-Schedule-Round-13/ba-p/187656. This allows you to see whether or not your teams match will be featuring on demand and when you can catch a replay. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bourbon80

Thank you for the response,  While I appreciate the speed and detail of your response, I am not a happy customer.

My feedback to you is that THe Optus advertising campaign was deceptive as there was no mention of select games not being available on their on demand service. I specifically remember those details whether it be on TV or when enquiring over the phone, in Store and online. As an avid football fan, that was my first question.

I have asked specifically that question both over the phone and in store, whether you as a representative do not / did not know these limitiations until the launch day is irrelevant. The fact that myself has jumped on board a 2 year contract for this purpose makes this even a more sour pill to swallow. 

From a sporting perspective to show a Watford v Stoke on demand instead of an Arsenal game clearly shows that your content team does not possess an undertaking of basic marketing and popularity. This EPL on optus initiative has gone off to the worst start possible, this is without mentioning the continuous disruptions during live streaming, extremely poor quality HD (this is on a high speed NBN internet of 100 Mbps).   

I am extremely unhappy that in order to watch the full game, i need to wait another 9 hours, simply because Optus decideds that it does not need to have those additional 90 matches available on demand.

Dan_C

Hey @Bourbon80, you've offered up some valid points and I thank you for offering some honest and valuable feed back. Our Yes Crowd forums are monitored by our TV & Content teams and they do take customer feedback into account (which has led to changes such as Chromecast support for example). It definitely does sound like your individual experience hasn't been the greatest but the ratio of complaints over social media/Yes crowd forums to our actual EPL subscriber base points to the fact that the majority of customers are satisfied with what we've offered and what we will continue to offer.

If you were to browse through our forums the on demand issue has been raised in the past. It's the nature of the broadcast rights we've purchased which only allows us to display 290 games on demand. I'm sorry that you felt as if you've been mislead at point of sale but from all the communication I've seen that mentions video on demand - it clearly states that of the 380 games available, 290 games will be featured on demand. Obviously this is our first time broadcasting live sport, the experience can only improve from here on out. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bourbon80

Thank you for the response. I am somewhat impressed by the speed of responses of the YesCrowd moderators and contributors. However I do maintain my dismay regarding the advertising of the content. I do maintain tha when optus was heavily advertsing the product at no point was the crucial clause of only 290 games being on demand. Despite what contractual agreements hidden clauses and internal training material is available. Optus remains negligible in its actions to have address this issue upon advertising this clause on TV, websites or even inform their staff upon signing customers onboard.

Regards

Dan_C

I can't really argue with @Bourbon80, you're well with in your right to your opinion and this is something we do encourage via this platform. Like I've said in my initial response - we do take feedback into account. Although we can't change what's stipulated in our broadcast agreement, hopefully we'll find a way to improve the overall experience. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
49 Kudos
33 Kudos
27 Kudos
14 Kudos
9 Kudos