Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

EPL games on-demand

Why are there only 290 games on-demand promised in the advertising for Optus sport coverage of EPL? Last time I looked there were 380 games in the season

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: EPL games on-demand

Hi

That's true for last season but my understanding for this coming season all games will be available on-demand.

I would like confirmation but here is an extract from an article in the SMH: 

The mobile and broadband provider's sports broadcasting arm will screen the next three seasons of EPL, from August 2019 to 2022, with exclusive coverage of every match played, including live, on-demand, replay and short-form for all 380 games.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dave

Hopefully it will be ALL 380. Not sure what the media release showing 290 was all about?

Perhaps someone at Optus sport can confirm it IS 380?

Jaye

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@eyaj, I'm just trying to locate the comms we received. I'm 99% sure that we'll be making each and every game available on demand this season. 

I'm just waiting for a bit more info from a colleague. I'll shoot through an update once that comes through. 

Edit - I did find an article which includes the statement that @Davelew has posted. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Football metaphor @Dan_C .

Shoot through.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Blog Author

Haha, I'm all about the Football puns.

I Found it! 

http://www.optus.com.au/about/media-centre/media-releases/2018/051/australian-viewers-able-to-access...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Thanks for the confirmation @Dan_C.

Now all we need is for Liverpool to win the premiership this coming season.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Good to see you can keep your eye on the ball @Dan_C

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Blog Author

Oh @petergdownload, you're a real keeper.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@Dan_C are you sure you hadn't scored an own goal with this one🥅

0 Kudos