Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
NumberSix
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

EPL Team Recording

I've had my Optus Fetch Mighty box for over 3 years now.

I set team recordings for every team in the English Premier League so I don't miss any games.

This has been fine until recently when all old games shown are now being recorded as well as the new ones. It used to be only those I haven't watched ie "Live" but now almost daily, I have to delete unwanted recordings of matches from weeks ago.

I didn't change anything. What did you do?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: EPL Team Recording

Hey there, @NumberSix

Thanks for raising this here. 

Can I just ask if this has happened since any updates to the box lately?

Is it only with those recordings?  Casey

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
NumberSix
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well UK football season doesn't run for 12 months so it's not continuous.

I first noticed it around Christmas time and it didn't stop until the season ended in May.

It's September 2021 now and I still have the same problem now we're playing again.

I've tried all 3 record settings (all, only new games etc.) and I'm having to delete old recordings almost every day now. If I delete all the previously fine team settings (which I did in August and setup again from scratch) and only watch chosen games as opposed to all games then I'll miss games. This setup was fine when I started in 2017 but has been a problem since end 2020 and all of 2021.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Can you please provide us with a step by step account of the actions you take on the Fetch when setting this up to record? We'd also please appreciate if you can detail exactly what extra content is being recorded, matches, mini-matches, etc. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
NumberSix
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

1. Select 'TV Guide' (TV/TV Guide)

2. Select a soccer match

3. Select 'Record Team'

4. Select 'Record every game' for one of the teams

5. Save and Close

6. Select 'Recordings' (My Stuff/Recordings)

7. Select 'Series Priority'

8. Check the team appears under 'Programs' as a 'Team Recording'

I selected 'Manchester United' and recorded a game at midnight on Saturday. I deleted the recording after watching it as I watch most EPL games all week long.

On Sunday, the same game was recorded another 3 times which I had to delete each time. On Monday the game was recorded yet again. This happens for all 20 teams I have selected and clogs up my list of recordings. If I delete them all then I will have to manually select every single game I want to watch which entirely defeats the feature.

I have had the same Fetch box connected to the same TV in the same apartment since late 2017. This was not a problem until late 2020. What did you change? I have changed nothing. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Thank you for letting us know @NumberSix.

From what I can see, it appears that when you schedule to have a team record on the Fetch, it will detect all broadcasts of this team, which would include any repeats/replays of matches on the other Optus Sport channels.

This should explain why there are duplicates of each match in your recordings list.

If possible, are you able to recall if the extra recordings of these games were from other Optus Sport channels? if so, let us know.  

0 Kudos
NumberSix
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Only recorded from Optus 1.

I set recording for a team just once as described.

The Manchester United game from last Saturday has now appeared on my scheduled recordings list and it's Wednesday. This would be the 5th or 6th recording of the same match.

Team Recording since late 2020 is now more trouble than it's worth.

My only option is  to delete every team recording as it's driving me mad. Waste.

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @NumberSix.

As this is the case, I would recommend taking a look at potentially raising a case with our TV & Content team, as they will be in the best position to be able to assist further with investigating why these duplicate recordings continue to appear on your Fetch Box at this stage.

0 Kudos