Searching...

EPL/Big Bundle

markscarfe

Im on an existing $95 Big Bundle. Going by the Optus blurb I pay more than $85 so I get EPL for free? This bundle doesnt exit anymore and when I got it it didnt come with Fetch. If I get Fetch does that mean I need to subscribe to their TV packages or I cn just get the fetch and watch the EPL for free?

Please help.

Re: EPL/Big Bundle

ninkasi

Hi @markscarfe - As I recall, the "Big Bundle" enabled you to have unlimited broadband and the choice of either unlimited phone calls OR Fetch tv although they later called that something else. Don't know about the EPL for free thing though - if you can find that blurb you refer to I'd be interested to see it! Way I understand it works, if you do have Fetch you need to *also* have the 'Entertainment Pack' before you can then add on the sports package. Annoying I know, but that's the way it goes.

If you had chosen the bundle way back when that included the Fetch box *and* the Entertainment pack, then you would just need to add in the "bein sports" package which is $14.95 per month (https://www.fetchtv.com.au/packages). 

As you currently don't have Fetch then I suspect you would need to add that in - so it would be an additional $44.95 per month ($15 base + $15 entertainment + $14.95 sports). Or you can recontract to bundle it in and go for the 'My Entertainment' ($110) plus $29.95 (Entertainment + Sports) = $139.95.... so about the same as not recontracting. At the moment I suspect the only reason for recontracting would be if you currently have an Optus mobile in which case you can bundle that in as well and get $20 off so for you then the additional cost would be 'only' $24.95. Or you can always buy the Fetch box yourself (eg $399 at Harvey Normans) and then you'd only have to pay an extra $29.95 per month.

Cheers

Tris

Hi markscarfe, so I can confirm that EPL will be free in the case where your monthly access fee is more than $85. If you don't currently have Yes TV by Fetch, this would be an additional $15 per month for the base package. This doesn't include the Entertainment Pack. You don't have to subscribe to it if you don't want to, you will be able to access EPL though.

@ninkasi, need to point out that only Yes TV by Fetch will have EPL access. Stand alone Fetch or Fetch with other providers aren't eligible - Tris

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

markscarfe

So even though it was offered and I didnt take ur up a few minths ago, I now need to pay $15 a moth for it do I. I still have s screen shot of the website when it was offered. 

[ Edited ]
ninkasi

Thanks @Tris - I hadn't heard of the EPL deal coming! I was thinking of the 'beinsports' package that includes the Champions League as well as other sports (eg http://getbein.beinsports.com/au/) which costs $14.95. and does require the Entertainment package A quick search and I found https://offer.optus.com.au/epl/register/.

Glad to hear that it will be available at no cost to anyone who pays more than $85.

Cheers

Highlighted

markscarfe

It may be free if you pay over $85 but its another $15 if you want to watch it on a TV and record. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
58 Kudos
53 Kudos
21 Kudos
14 Kudos
12 Kudos