Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Epl4kquality
New Contributor
New Contributor

EPL 4k in 2021

Is Optus intending to receive (Not upsample) the EPL feed in at least 1080p format or higher for season 21/22?
If not then I for one will be moving providers as paying min $25 pm more for same NBN service with the "benefit" of 720p EPL is a joke.
3 Replies
Rob_YC

Re: EPL 4k in 2021

Hi @Epl4kquality thanks for getting in touch here. At this stage there hasn't been any update around the rollout of 1080p for other devices , however we are continually assessing our product mix, and 1080p and 4K broadcast is certainly one of the things we regularly discuss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Epl4kquality
New Contributor
New Contributor

So the answer is no! I am sure you have lost many subscribers already with the poor quality and I will just add myself to the list.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"and 1080p and 4K broadcast is certainly one of the things we regularly discuss."

How does that go exactly?

"Hey Rob, should we broadcast in 4K now?"
"Not sure. Lets leave it at 1080p for now but do ask me again tomorrow..."