Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
blairy2691
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

EPL 2019 rigths and Fetch TV

Optus has extended the rigths to the EPL from 2019 for three years.  Apparently non-Optus customers will now be allowed to sign up for Optus sport.

Will non Broadband customers be able to sign up for the Fetch TV Mighty or will this till be restricted to Optus Broadband customers.

Optus Broadband is not available in the region I live in.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: EPL 2019 rigths and Fetch TV

Interesting news. I wouldn't have thought the EPL has been a huge success for Optus although around 2 million Australians watch the EPL so there's presumably a reasonable market for getting people to have swapped internet/mobile providers. It seems they've listened to posts here and have a much improved line up of games (i.e all of them and on demand)

It seems a very savy move to open the subscription up to non customers now too ($15 a month). Presumably those that we're inclined to make the move have now done that. Now the trick is to keep them as customers and attract the stragglers that have so far gone elsewhere.  

You can buy a Fetch box stand alone  at major retailers for around $400. 

I don't know if they'll be able to show the EPL though.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@blairy2691, check out the blog we've just thrown up 

→ https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Watch-the-2018-FIFA-World-Cup-on-Optus-Sport/ba-p/420818

It's a bit of a taste of what we'll be offering come the 2018 World cup.

From later this month, Optus Sport will be available for the first time to non-Optus customers and Optus customers who were previously not eligible, for $14.99 per month via Google Play and the Apple App Store. This is a significant step in the evolution of premium sport in Australia and will allow all football fans the opportunity to experience all that Optus Sport has to offer on a month to month basis. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@blairy2691 are you only wanting the Fetch Mighty to record the games? Because another change I noticed was that ALL games would be made available on demand as part of the agreement (I'll try and find when that kicks in) so while I don't think you'll be able to get a mighty, it might not be necessary anymore? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Yep so it's from 2019 - http://www.optus.com.au/about/media-centre/media-releases/2018/051/australian-viewers-able-to-access...

This includes exclusive live coverage on Optus Sport for every Premier League match, and  full on-demand, replay and short form rights for all 380 matches from 2019 to 2022. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@SamSam, I'm very happy about that!

It's one of the most common enquiries we receive. All games available on demand is a big win! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
NumberSix
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I only just found out today (May 14) about the 2019-2022 EPL contract.

This is massive for me as a long-time addict and Optus Fetch subscriber.

Why aren't you shouting it from the rooftops?