cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Pissedoff1_
New Contributor

Dropping out

How come my fetch tv keeps dropping out???? I have the 50 plan on the nbn and it plain upsets me that when I was paying for the ADSL+2 I had a sevice much better than this NBN FTTC rubbish. My we have all been ripped off! Maybe Optus needs to buy more bandwidth. Or should we just wait for good old Telstra to bring us 5g connetions??? Not happy Optus up our connections please. Otherwise I WILL change providers.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Dropping out

FTTC is IMO the second best NBN technology (after FTTP). It has no issues running 100Mbps+. If you're getting issues streaming to Fetch (requires 5Mbps) then there is something wrong with your connection. This is a good thing as it can be fixed. If you were on FTTN like half the country then its probable you might be stuck. 

Anyway, 

1) Try watching in non peak periods (not 6pm -11pm) if Optus bandwidth is the issue this might be revealled if Fetch only works in non peak

2) Discount your wifi? Connect the Fetch to your modem using a cable not wifi (any better?)

3) Run the Fetch Network diagnostic in SETTINGS. WHat does it say?

4) Run some speed tests on your PC connected directly by cable to the modem (what speeds is it reporting? 50Mbps?)

Having tried some of that, let us know how you get on. But otherwise call Optus and ask them to confirm your line speed from their end (they can run a test on the line). They'll request you try some diagnostics but otherwise if the issue is in the pits then Optus will arrange for an NBN tech to come out and fix the FTTC.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Pissedoff1_
New Contributor

I have fetch connected by a cable not wifi and it does not matter what time of the day it is it drops out and tells me there is no internet connection. My speeds usually run at 46mbps to 48mbps. More than enough to run a fetch top box, but the connection just drops out.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ok,

So it sounds like a drop out issue. Optus record every drop out that occurs on your line. A reasonable figure is apparently around five a day. Suggest you contact Optus and ask them what the record shows with drop outs on your line. It could be the Fetch box or it could be a technician needs to come and check your line.

Peter Gillespie 

0 Kudos