Searching...
Highlighted

Downloaded movie not playing!

Zakstaz

So I purchased a rental for CIVIL WAR off fetch store, it has finished downloading but whenever I click play now, it just comes up with a black screen, it gives me the options to pause, play and to go back to the start but it always remains black.

After a short period of time it returns back to the CIVIL WAR screen asking me to play or watch the trailer.

Ive tried resetting the box and the internet but nothing seems to help.

Anyone know a soloution or had this issue?

Thanks, Zak!

Re: Downloaded movie not playing!

Matty_P

Hi Zak,

I am having the same issue as you with, but with the movie 'The Nice Guys'. I have also turned the box on/off, deleted the download and downloaded it again, unplugged the box completely but still no dice, only the black screen of nothing.

Regards

Matt

Zakstaz

Hey Matty,

Me and my housemate spoke to a bloke last night absoloute ledge (shoutout to Sean if your reading) who advised us that it was a content issue that they were looking into, basically if you rented it like we did it will get reset and the time refreshed when it becomes available, but pretty much it's a bit of a waiting game atm!

Hope this helps! Zak

Dan_C

Hey @Zakstaz, awsome to hear that Sean's been off assistance here! Have you heard any news since having received the above advice? I'd be curious to know if the issue has since been resolved. We haven't had any specific communication regarding the above on our end. We do have a TV & content team that should also be able to offer some insight 133937 (options 4,2,2). Dan 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Dan_sa

Hey guys,

Same issue for me.

This is my complaint that I'm lodging with Optus and ACCC if required;

I am lodging a complaint regarding the rental of the movie 'Captain America - Civil War' via Optus Fetch TV on the 10th and 24th of September, 2016. On both occasions I had purchased the HD version at $6.95 and was not supplied with the product. On both occasions I invested over 30 minutes of my time attempting to get it to work followed by phone calls to Optus. I had been refunded my money in the first Occassion and infringed that I may get my money back on the second Occassion pending the technical investigation/ logged issue.

The service fails to meet a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law and I am entitled to a refund. Of a greater concern to me, it is Misleading and deceptive under Section 18 of the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth 2010) that the product is continuing to be advertised when there is a known fault resulting in an ability to offer it. After attempting to purchase this product two weeks ago (on the 10th September, 2016) and being informed there was a technical fault affecting a large number of consumers I expected that it would now be resolved as there was no information to the contrary and it remained advertised on the Optus Fetch system. As a result of this I have experienced two Saturday evenings of not being able to enjoy the product I had planned. On this second occasion of the 24th September, If I had known this product was not available I would have hired the DVD from my local store at a lower price. After failing to be supplied the product I paid for from Optus Fetch TV on this occasion I did drive my vehicle to the local DVD store however it was fully booked out, not surprising as it was 21:50 and 10 minutes prior to store closing time. Note: if I had known the product was unavailable via Optus Fetch TV I would have rented it from this DVD store many hours earlier, for which the store keeper stated there were copies available then.

Account details for reference: associated with phone EDITED FOR PRIVACY.

Gen_R

Hi @Dan_sa - not good to hear of your experience with purchasing the movie. Please let us know if this happens again, we can investigate. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Ren395

Hey I just bought a HD movie rental on the fetch box but it won't play.. What it dose is I press the play button to play movie then it comes up with starting download then after about 5-10 mins a start button with a tick on it comes up where the play button is so I press it then all it dose is, it gose back to the starting download and its done this at least 5 times and still won't play. Just wondering what is going on and  why won't it play the movie..

Dan_C

We haven't received any other reports on this issue @Ren395

How'd you go in the end? A soft reset tends to resolve most issues.

If you haven't been able to watch the movie, I'd suggest speaking with us on Live chat. 

We'll be able to put through a refund for the purchase. 

1. Click Personal
  2. Select Mobile or Home phone, NBN & Broadband (depending on which service the Fetch STB is linked to)
  3. General and billing 

If you run into any trouble, please let us know. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
49 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos