Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Does Optus box broadcast EPL in 60 FPS?

Jared93

Hi all,

Just checking to see if streaming EPL via Optus Box is in 60 FPS, similar to regular tv? Currently streaming via chromecast and it’s locked at 30 fps. 

Thanks

Re: Does Optus box broadcast EPL in 60 FPS?

Ray_YC

Hey Jared93,

Not sure about the frame rate, @Davelew uses chromecast so we'll check what his shows as.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Re: Does Optus box broadcast EPL in 60 FPS?

Davelew

Hi

You need the third generation Chromecast to stream at the higher rate.

An extract from a Chromecast review;

"The third-generation Chromecast is 15 percent faster than its predecessor, and it supports 1080p video at up to 60 frames per second. (The second-generation Chromecast only supported 1080p video at 30 frames per second and 720p video at 60 frames per second.)"

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos