Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor sat01
Occasional Contributor

Do I need an Optus Broadband or Mobile phone account to use Fetch

At present, I do not have an Optus Internet or Mobile phone account.   Can I still use a Fetch box, sign-up and subscribe to the ultimate package, along with Optus Sports.   I asked this question over at the Optus Broadband page, chat session, and was told that I must have an Optus Broadband or Phone account.   This doesn't sound right.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Marie

Re: Do I need an Optus Broadband or Mobile phone account to use Fetch

Hey @sat01,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We did briefly provide some non Optus customers with a Yes TV By Fetch service after they experienced issues with the World Cup stream.

This wasn't an ongoing offer and only limited customers were able to take it up.

If you were to subscribe to further channels with this offer you would receive a monthly bill for the channel packs.

Hope this helps. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have noticed where Fetch can be purchased or subscribed to where other providers have been listed, one that comes to mind is Dodo, there are a few others as well.   This information is from the Optus website.   So in this case, you don't need to be an Optus customer, is that right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Wesley-J

That's correct, you don't need to be an Optus customer to access the Fetch TV, ultimate package. However, you do need to sign up for Optus Sports to view all the premium content. You can sign up for Optus Sports via the Apple App Store or Google Play, more info here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Anybody reading this thread, I'm sure, will be confused.   I have two representatives from Optus both offering contrary advice.  

When I posted my follow-up question because I noticed reference to other providers, I was not expecting a complete back-flip from the first Optus operator claiming "you must have an Optus Account - broadband or phone".   I thought, the explanation was maybe something along the lines that Optus have special deals with Dodo (and a few others).   

Ok, I am not an existing Optus Internet or Phone customer.   If I were to get a Fetch box from my local JB HiFi, obviously I understand that I would sign-up and buy channel packages, probably the ultimate, along with Optus EPL sports.   I now understand this is possible.   Is this correct?

As a side issue, why did the first Optus operator (2nd post in this thread) give misleading advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Tris

Sorry for the confusion @sat01, what Marie mentioned was the case previously, eligibility as well as ways to access Optus Sport has changed a few times though, I'll ensure she's aware moving forward.

In answer to your question, yes, you can access Optus Sport via a retail (non Optus) Fetch STB. You'd just need to subscribe to Optus Sport via the app first. You can then use your login credentials through the Fetch menu to access Optus Sport. Please let me know if you need further clarification 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thank you for that.   I can now move forward with this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Tris

Too easy, sorry that wasn't clear in the first reply 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors