cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Mike98
New Contributor

Disney Plus on Fetch

So I am wondering if the new Disney Plus streaming app will be available on the Fetch Box?

7 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Disney Plus

Seeing as we are still waiting for an Amazon Prime app 1 year after Fetch saying its in progress - chances are very slim.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Disney Plus

Hi Mike98,

We don't have any information on when Disney+ may be made available on Fetch.  We know that Fetch has a great ongoing relationship with Disney and are looking into options with them.  We'll let you know as soon as we have anything we can share.

In the meantime, please see How to Watch Disney Plus

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Lee-A
New Contributor

Re: Disney Plus on Fetch

I hope Disney Plus becomes available through Fetch. I feel that consumer demand for this will be high, and I am hopeful that Optus will prioritise this development.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Its not Optus who would do the development its Fetch and Disney that would have to come to an agreement on an app, then of course begin development on said app.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
New Contributor gnata
New Contributor

I called them and they mentioned that they will have it on Fetch by mid December. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Really? I wouldn't expect an agent over the phone to confirm the launch of Disney + on Fetch. 

An announcement would normally come in the form of a media /press release. 

At this stage, we haven't had any sort of confirmation from Fetch. We'd have definitely heard from them if the launch date is in mid-December. 

Where can you get Disney plus?

• iOS and Android-compatible devices including tablets
  • Apple TV and Google Chromecast and a selection of smart TVs.
  • Xbox One and PlayStation 4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Mid December seems interesting. Fetch is in a bit of an interesting position when it comes to Disney as its own offering (packages) are in direct competition with Disney. Added to this is that Disney just ripped most of their channels off the Fetch box to give to Foxtel the corporate love can't be great between the two.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Top Contributors