Searching...

Device limit exceeded (Optus Sport)

P3t3

Hi there,

Last night my Apple TV reported Device Limit Exeeded while watching Optus Sport. No-one else was trying to access the account but nonetheless I logged in to see what devices were listed.

I can see 4: my iPhone, a browser and 2 x Apple TVs. We used to have a second Apple TV but it is long gone, so I would like to delete the one that is no longer active. But the device section in the account does not display any information about the devices (e.g. the name, date last used, etc) so I don't know which one to delete. Given the rule of one change per 30-days, I don't want to delete the wrong Apple TV and then not be able to watch the premier league for a month!

Can you help?

Thanks,

Pete.

Re: Device limit exceeded (Optus Sport)

Toomey

Hey Pete, our TV & Content team can remove the devices for you and allow you to set them up fresh. Head to this web page to send them your details and someone will follow up asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

P3t3

Hi there,

I followed the link you provided but I cannot get past the 'Validate Your Account' page. I have tried my landline number, account number, user name, old user name, but nothing works. I get the following response:

Oops! We're unable to locate your details in our system. Please check you have correctly entered your number. If you're a new customer, it may take up to 48 hours after activation for your details to be updated. 

I have been an Optus customer for in excess of 6 or 7 years.

So I am stuck!

Dan_C

Ah, that's odd Smiley Frustrated

Send us a private message with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and account number.I'll send an email through to our Content team and ask that they remove all the devices that are currently linked. 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

P3t3

Thanks Dan, just sent it through.

I phoned the Optus Sport 1800 number a short while ago. The call got routed overseas and the person who "helped" me said that Optus Sport can only be used on one device at a time and that it has always been like this. Is this correct? I thought that I could be using the Apple TV and my son could use his mobile at the same time.

Regards,

Peter.

Dan_C

No problem, I've just replied back.

We're happy to chat with you there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
48 Kudos
16 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos