Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor mariale8706
New Contributor

Data use with live streaming on facebook

Hello,

I was wondering how much data does it take to create the streaming of a facebook live event.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Data use with live streaming on facebook

Hi

From what I have read the general thought is about 100mb per hour.  As I far as I know Apple don't release any figure for the usage.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It depends on the quality of the feed but a minimum of 300 MB to a maximum of 900 MB an hour a couple of sites report.

Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi @Yeldarb

I bow to your knowledge. My understating was it streams around 360p which is where I calculated my figure and as you say it poorly forms on the video quality.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It really does depend on the quality of the feed Dave. You have quoted the lower end and I have quoted the higher end as I typically do when I know the question pertains to data usage. I would not have jumped in had I seen your post. Sorry about that.

0 Kudos