Searching...
Accepted Solution

Data Usage Football

RonWal

Hi there,

I'm just a newbie to Optus Sports and I use the Optus Sports App on my laptop and stream it to my TV. My internet connection is NOT with Optus. I was wondering how much data a full match takes?

Thank you.

Solution

Re: Data Usage Football

petergdownload

Well the Optus Sport Page suggests around 4Mbps is need to stream high quality (720p or so)

That equates to half a MB each second or 30 MB a minute. So a 90 minute match could take around 2.7 Gb (Probably a bit less)

Suggest you try it out yourself using your daily usage counter with your ISP and see how much data is done on a day - your modem or laptop probably has a data counter too.

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
RonWal

Hi @petergdownload,

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, my ISP does provide me with daily usage, etc, etc... But because I do a lot more than watch football on the net, I also download on-demand movies and series from Foxtel, as well as other stuff, it's a little difficult to distinguish the data used by a match. I do have a 500Gb monthly allowance, so watching 6 or 7 matches a week is not going to be a problem. Thanks again.

Ron.

petergdownload

No Probs.

For testing just suggest you pick a day when you're out and not doing any major downloading. Set up a match to stream while you're out and then check your usage the next day. Should be roughly close.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

RonWal

Hi Peter,

It's all good. You've given me the answer I needed. What I didn't want to hear were things like 10Gb or similar.

Ron.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
52 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos