Searching...

DHR 4901 OPT (Satellite Gen 2 STB) upgrades

Griffo17

When are we going to to see all the 'future functionality' updates come to fruition? Ie. The FTA tuner and Ethernet functionality? I was expecting something similar to the Foxtel IQ2/3 boxes but this thing seems to be miles behind the fixtel offerings... the FTA functionality would be a bonus seeing as though the Gen3 Mighty wiped that out of the equation for me.

Re: DHR 4901 OPT (Satellite Gen 2 STB) upgrades

Pete

Hey Griffo17, at this stage we don't have an agreement with Foxtel that enables us to use this functionality and there's no word on if we will have access to it.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Griffo17

Agreement with Foxtel? To use the terrestrial tuner on an Optus Satellite STB? Where does foxtel enter the equation?

Shae

Sorry @Griffo17 but I have a feeling that Pete misunderstood what you were wanting info on in your initial post. At this stage, we don't have any info on an ETA for a built in tuner for the Fetch devices, however it's something that would be of huge benefit in future models.  

Griffo17

It is already a feature of the Gen2 Satellite receiver though... its just not been activated via the firmware yet, the hardware is there.

Shae

Ah, I thought we were talking about the Gen 3 and beyond as you've mentioned you have the Gen 3 in the original post. The features that are enabled in future updates for Fetch wouldn't be something that we'd have control over, however it would definitely be a great questions to ask Fetch themselves if you had the chance. At this stage, we don't have any info on unreleased updates or pending updates for Fetch devices.

Griffo17

Im talking about the Gen2 'Satellite' Set top box as per the thread title... has nothing to do with Fetch.. 🙈

Shae

I've had a chat with the satellite team and it's a feature that we're looking to utilise in future, however we don't have an indication of when that could be. Apologies for getting confused in earlier posts, and sorry that I don't have a more definitive answer however most info that we have on potential service improvements/ Firmware updates is kept very low key until it's announced officially.

Griffo17

Any updates to report? Almost 2 years on now..

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
34 Kudos
25 Kudos
14 Kudos
8 Kudos