cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Critical hardware fault after system update

So Fetch box did update to 2.15 alpine and now gets critical hardware fault HDD self test unavailable or something similar. This happened once before after an update and I used some code to fix it. Box won't boot and power cycling with power cable it just goes through the update process gets to the end and faults. Just can't remember the process. Don't want to lose the recordings...anyone?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Critical hardware fault after system update

I'm not aware of the resolution you've mentioned I'm afraid. I would recommend raising this with the TV and Content team directly here → Report a problem with TV or Content

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ended up doing a soft reset that resolved the issue...I have had to resort to this a couple of times now, so maybe the updates cause unexpected issues...?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

A hard reset may be in order @2Old2Slow, although not wanting to lose your recordings obviously makes that difficult... If it's a repeating issue then it would be best to raise a fault ticket at the link Toomey mentioned above.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The whole forced system update is a complete fail, in my opinion. My box maybe successfully installs an update 1 in 20 times, but even if an update is successfully installed, guaranteed the fail system will still try to install the update again next time it is turned on. The 19/20 times an update fails I get the critical hardware fault message and have spent up to an hour in the past trying to force start the system. Fetch is completely not fit for purpose, but I refuse to upgrade, as I am sure Optus will attempt to contract me, which I don't want as I am close to NBN availability and will be dumping Optus as soon as NBN is completed in my area.

0 Kudos