Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Lync31
New Contributor

Connecting YesTV via wifi

I have recived the unit but seem to be unable to connect via wifi.  My moden is located downstairs so I am unable to use the ethernet cable - I have heard I should have been advised that I need a power line adaptor - is this correct and if so will one adaptor be sufficient? It seems so simple when you read the manual????

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Connecting YesTV via wifi

Hey @Lync31, I'm sorry we couldn't get to you sooner! Powerline adapters or a Wi-Fi extender would be your best bet. PLA's come in pairs. The powerline adapters have an Ethernet input; your modem is plugged into one end of the adapter and the other end is plugged into the Ethernet input on your set top box. We offer D-Link Powerline adaptors which can be bought via the Yes TV by Fetch website for just $40. You'll be charged a $15.50 delivery fee if the Powerline Adaptor is ordered after your Fetch TV has been delivered. If you can jump onto live chat → http://yesopt.us/chat2us, we can order one from there 🙂

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Lync31
New Contributor

Thanks have ordered the the adaptors (shame they don't think to ask how far away the modem is when you have initial discussion).  Can I check if I still need to use the HDMI cable as the end doesn't appear to be compatible with my tv? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

If you have the FetchTV Mighty then the only output is HDMI. Most TV has an HDMI input. May we know the model of your tv? Fetch TV pay channels uses the internet connection, the sales person doesn't know about your home's layout or the wifi performance. If he/she sold you a POE adaptors and you don't needed one then you would be out of pocket. So best to have the box, try it out first. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kartika

Hey @Lync31, check out this User Guides → here to confirm what other options you have to connect with the TV. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors