cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Closed Captions on Fetch Movies

Hi - The first question I can see about closed captions on purchased (and Movie Box) Fetch movies (and TV shows) is dated Feb 10th 2012! Seeing it is over 4 and a half years later (and we were advised then it was being "worked on") is there any news on closed captions for Fetch movies paid or unpaid? Thanks - John.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed Captions on Fetch Movies

Hi @jdunstanj, I've emailed our TV and Content team for updates regarding this. I'll let you know what they come back with. -Scott

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

In Feb 2012 (over 5 and a half years ago) customers were told "this is being worked on". In November last year (Twelve months ago) we were told "I've emailed our TV and Content team for updates regarding this". No update since. There is little attraction in buying Fetch-Optus movies without captions or watching movie box movies without subtitles as captions really help a lot with some movies. Very frustrating..............

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @jdunstanj, I'm sorry we couldn't get back to you sooner.

You might find this thread useful https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/Chromecast/m-p/339627#M18050. @petergdownload has done the hard work for us.

"Response from FetchTV:

Unfortunately, any titles purchased on our TV/Movie stores anything viewed on Stan don't have Closed Captions available. This is something that is currently on our wish list of improvements we wish to make. However, Netflix does have these available for use, as do some shows aired on our streaming channels and Free to Air (where available).”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am beyond frustrated at the lack of subtitles / closed captions on FetchTV Movie Store. By refusing to supply these subtitles you are in breach of Section 24 of the Disabilities Discrtiminations Act 1992. Apart from breaching the law, it's also a real bad move to discriminate against such a huge proportion of Australians with hearing disabilities. There really is no excuse for not offering this service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dan - Any news on Fetch purchased movies and/or Movie Box titles getting subtitles/closed captions anytime soon? As mentioned before this has been asked numerous times since 2012. p.s. The Stan app now has subtitles working. Thanks - John 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @jdunstanj, we haven't revived any updates in regards to this I'm afraid. Glad to hear Stan has been updated though! We'll let you know if any news comes through about movie rentals/movie box.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is disappointing that Ferch is not supporing subtitles like Netflix. Fetch is still long way to improve! 

0 Kudos