cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor CJ97
New Contributor

Chromecast with Optus Huawei B315 wireless broadband (disable AP isolation )

I have had trouble connecting my Chromecast with my Optus Huawei B315 wireless broadband modem. The Home app says it is setup sucessfully but can't be found. It said to try turning off "AP isolation" After speaking with Optus they said no changes needed to be made they transferred me to Chromecast helpdesk on 1800 723 841 - extremely helpful! You need to disable WPS. In your browser enter 192.168.0.1 - username and password are admin by default. Click on Settings, then WiFi, then WPS settings. Click disable radio button (mine was enabled) Log out of the modem in the browser window then reboot your modem and re-run the Google Home app and it should work! it did for me. I did have to reset the Chromecast to make it discoverable I've got the round Chromecast not the USB stick one and there is a button on the side of thedevice that lets you factory reset it.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Chromecast with Optus Huawei B315 wireless broadband (disable AP isolation )

Thank you for taking to time to share this information with our Yes Crowd community! 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos