Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Jason72
Occasional Contributor

Re: Charged for so-called free meTV

Also $85 minus 25% discount is the amount we should be charged if we have another service with optus, though they charge $77. how does that work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Tom
RetiredModerator

Hey Jason, I just responded to your other post, if you send through your details we can look into your bill too. It may be higher due to excluded charges or a late fee for example, but we'd have to go through the account to confirm what's happening.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor kad
New Contributor

Yes i have been charged for FREE TV at $15 a month. Its not included in my contract and when i ring their custoner help line there are no access arrangements to delete the charge or speak to someone about fixing this. This is my first monthly account. 

I trued for over 45 minutes through various calls and cant fix this. So i rang the ombudsman and lodged a complaint and still havent heard. 

The ombudsmans office suggested i pay the amount due less the $15.  

Would like this fixed.

kad.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @kad,

We're more than happy to help out with this one. Are you able to confirm the description of the charge as it appears on your invoice? Is it a Fetch connect pack charge? Are you also able to confirm the service that we've attached the Fetch box to i.e. fixed broadband or mobile? Do you not have the physical Fetch set top box unit at home? Send through your account details via PM and we'll take a look. I need your full name, DOB and account number. I'm sure we'll be able to sort this all out for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor kad
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply

i received a call yesterday from Optus after my ombudsman’s reference last week and the $15 fee is being refunded. 

The entertainment pack was still in place after I signed on for the nbn $80 pack. Why this wasn’t explained to me I don’t know. And the options available on the ‘help’ line did not make any options available to solve this. 

Soeaking to to a real person fixed it!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, @kad, I'm sorry that this wasn't picked up on earlier. I do appreciate the update on this one. If there are any other questions, please let us know. We're happy to help out from our end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors