Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor mrabjohn
Occasional Contributor

Change the Skip Setting

The Default Skip setting for recorded programs on Fetch TV is 5 minutes. Is there a way to change this to say 3 minutes? - I find 5 minutes is too long to skip the adverts, and I always have to rewind back.

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: Change the Skip Setting

Hiya, no way of changing this currently

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor dob1
Occasional Contributor

This is an 'answer' but it's not really a 'solution'.

Any decent PVR allows you to have a skip function that is usable, my topfield has 30seconds forward and 10 seconds back, and I believe others are programmable.

Many commercial ones though only have ff and rw so you have to 'view' ads even in fast speed.  I guess they reason you'll pick up some of the message!

Optus Fetch with 5m forward and 5m back is virtually unusable as a skip function, it's just a 'jump' that's a bit faster than ff.

Tags (2)
Occasional Contributor CustomerJohn
Occasional Contributor

In all these years it seems this still hasn't been addressed (but I see similar requests on many Fetch forums). I have used other PVRs and they all have the option to change the amount of time each press of a skip button moves the program forward or back.

Currently, the FETCH setting of 5 min is not user-friendly and serves little purpose. Can an update please be done to allow the user to personally set their own required time for a forward skip, and similarly a reverse skip - perhaps 3 min forward and 1 min might be a preferred option.

Simply, the user just needs to be able to access this and set the times themselves.

Please update the software/firmware to reflect modern-day user needs, thank you.

Tags (4)
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Valid feedback, we suggest providing this to Fetch directly as this is not something in Optus' control.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos