Searching...

Catch up - viewing very difficult, major problems.

AlisonT

So far, apart from being about 1:10 behind the "live" games, I've had no issues watching EPL on Optus, usually the quality of the picture is quite good, not always perfect, but good enough, and the channel itself is stable most of the time.

Watching shows like the EPL news and Football Today have been fine, but some of the catch-up games are unwatchable.

I'm getting 0-2 "bars" out of 4 when I press info, the picture is pixelated and it stops every 5-6 seconds (genuinely) and is stopped for 3-4 seconds. I can't watch the Everton v Middlesbrough match from last night. It was worse trying to watch the Australia v Brazil game from the Futsal world cup.

I don't quite understand why I am getting a stable stream of the channel, but not of recorded content. Is the Channel continuously running in the background and hence taking up bandwidth? I have turned off everything else that uses my network, apart from this website obviously.

Very very frustrated. I live in Canberra, while we don't have the speeds that you would expect in the city in Melbourne for example, we are hardly struggling. I play online games of FIFA on my PS4, stream without issue from Netflix and from Stan, and use Foxtel downloads without issue.

Is this being looked into?

Re: Catch up - viewing very difficult, major problems.

Jax_K

@AlisonT, sounds strange that this is only occurring on the recorded content. Are you finding this is only with the Optus sport matches or all recordings in general? I'd recommend chatting with our dedicated Tech Team on 1800230158 so they can run through further testing with you.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

AlisonT

I should say it's not recorded content, just Optus sports content. So the catch up matches in the main. It hasn't happened much with the shows on there like football today, but lots on the catch up matches, but not all!

It's a fetch mini I have so no recordings.

Jax_K

Ah thanks for the extra info. If you continue to experience difficulties @AlisonT, definitely get in touch with our team, they'll be happy to assist. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
32 Kudos
23 Kudos
13 Kudos
10 Kudos