cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Casting TO FetchTV box

Why can't I cast to a FetchTV box like a chromecast. 

I don't want to add a Chromecast to my Lounge TV where the fetch box is. 

Surely, it's not that hard to enable it, when other TV's have that feature BUILT-IN !!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Casting TO FetchTV box

I'm sorry that this option is yet to become, available @bizpix. But, I'm in agreeance with you that this is a good thought. We are always looking at ways to create a more seamless experience for our customers and I have marked this as feedback for the relevant teams to review.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Suggest you complain to your TV maker that it doesn't have Chromecast BUILT-IN !!!

Adding cast capability to any equipment requires a change at the hardware level. This is a big deal for most companies and would usually only be done when the next hardware series of Fetch TV is released. Hopefully casting is on the list however at the moment its generally a lot more direct to cast to the TV itself (either the embedded chromecast or a $40 dongle plugged in at the back)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@petergdownload Mate, Complain - Really?

It's a 10y/o Sony LCD (one of the first 1080p models) and Still Kickin'. 

When I cast from my PC to other Chromecast units in my house - Fetch TV is identified - BUT says Source not supported. I was just asking if my PC can see the Fetch  as cast unit - why doesn't it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I was just refer to your (rather emphatic) insistence that other TVs have this so why not Fetch.

Can't speak to why the PC identifies the unit as potentially CASTable. Could be a networking glitch. Possibly Fetch are/have put in a cast chip but its not yet activated in the firmware.

Unfortunately Optus has little say over the Fetch units capabilities. You would probably be better off contacting Fetch directly and asking / requesting.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors