Searching...

Cannot see Fetch Mighty on network

manc

I have 2 Beyonwiz PVRs which I can browse on my network using my MacBook. I also have a couple of other networked devices which I can see. My Fetch Mighty has never shown up on the network. It seems to work fine & I have no issues with streaming etc but I cannot understand why I cannot see it on my network. I know the IP address but if I try to connect using something like smb://192.168.1.21 I cannot login to it.

I also have windows installed on my MacBook & it is the same, I cannot see it at all. I would have thought that it would just "be visible" like the other devices. It was suggested that I use VLC media player to see if it is there under UPnP but the other PVRs are there but not the Fetch Mighty. Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this?

Re: Cannot see Fetch Mighty on network

Dan_C

Hi there @manc, when did you first notice the issue? 

Back in November, we were advised of the following issue.

My Media Hub - DLNA feature unavailable for firmware 2.21

Customers with firmware 2.21 attempting to stream content wirelessly from ‘My Media Hub’ using DLNA feature will experience playback issues.

The issue is expected to be resolved in the next the firmware 2.22

My understanding is that customers were still able to connect to their Fetch STB but were receiving a playback error prompt. That's different to the issue you're describing. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Cannot see Fetch Mighty on network

manc

This is not about the media hub, I can access that. I cannot see my Fetch Mighty from my network on my Mac or in Windows  I have never seen it since I first got the unit.

Other people have told me that the Fetch Mighty should just be be visible on my network through finder or Windows Explorer. Could it be faulty? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
61 Kudos
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos