cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancel my fox sport subscription

I am currently receiving Foxtel through Optus. I would like to cancel my sports coverage. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

cancel my foxsports subscription

I failed to add that I followed the prompts when I called Optus but due to the COVID19 I cannot get through to anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cancel my fox sport subscription

Hey Bunzo,

When available, please leave Optus a message for further assistance and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick response however I am still unable to post a message due to the congestion caused by COVID19. I'll keep trying of course as this is costing me $25 per month when there is nothing to watch as all NRL matches have been cancelled for the next few months.

Kind regards

Bunzo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I know it's not ideal, but our customer care staff are only handling critical enquiries (for the moment). We're in the process of mobilising additional support teams, but this will take some time. 

All I can suggest for now is to stop paying the additional $25 p/month. If you have a direct debit setup, cancel it via My account.

Until April 30th, we're:

• Waiving late payment fees for all our customers until 30 April 2020
  • Stopping disconnection and credit collection activities until 30 April 2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I don't like cancelling my direct debit. I am going to keep on paying until I can get through to Optus and then discuss with them a credit. Cancelling the direct debit may end up with me getting a bad credit rating. I can't risk that.

I was about to contact Optus "Saves" department. Each year I call them and they renew a $10 per month credit off my phone and internet bill. Now that's gone as well. Can't win. That's a total of $35 per month that I am foregoing through no fault of my own.

Kind reagrds

Bunzo

0 Kudos
Top Contributors