cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor BanterFC
New Contributor

Can Optus Sport stream 1080p Full HD at 60fps yet?

I watch the Premier League and Champions League either on my phone or my computer and both stream fine but I was wondering if and when Optus was going to upgrade it's video streaming quality to at least 1080p, I know asking for 60fps is a bit of a push right now but the USA and the UK are already streaming live football matches at 4K @ 60fps.  

I have a 4K tv I bought specifically for watching sports but it seems like such a waste because we can't even stream live sports in 1080p let alone 4K.

Please if you can give us an update on this matter and whether or not Optus has plans for 2019 to make this possible, for a developed nation like Australia we are a bit slow and behind in technology.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Can Optus Sport stream 1080p Full HD at 60fps yet?

At this stage, for the best viewing experience we're offering is 1080i over a satellite service  @BanterFC. Obviously, it’s not an option for everyone.

Completely get that there's a demand for a 1080p capable stream, but I've received no communication to suggest that it's in the works.

As we come into the new broadcast agreement, I'm sure it's something that they're considering, but like I said – no word. From my own personal experience, I've found Fetch to offer the best viewing experience, 720p with my Mini set to 50Hz

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor wesnorman
New Contributor

@Dan_C Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
Moderator Eveline

Hi @wesnorman, no updates around this as of yet. It's definitely feedback we've passed on to the relevant teams though 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Antonino
Occasional Contributor

This makes my blood boil. I am watching the RWC on Kayo right now, and the only thing I can think about is how good the quality is, and how ripped off we are getting with Optus and the EPL. It is cr1minal that the best quality we get is 720p. I'm literally going to write a letter to the Premier League (not that anyone will listen) but that is how frustrated I am. It's been years and were still watching rubbish streams. On demand is even worse. It is an absolute disgrace that they can get away with this. Do something Optus otherwise I am just going to turn to pirate streams because they're better quality. Think about that. How bad is that???!!!!!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors