cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can I transfer my Fetch recordings from my old box to a new one?

I am getting a new Fetch. Can I transfer recordings on the old Fetch to the new?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch content

Short answer is no. The FetchTVs we're designed to comply with FreeTV (a misnomer if ever I heard one) requirements for a licenced PVR that could use the broadcast EPG. One of which was no transferring of files. That said, technology is just a challange waiting to be created or defeated. and with thanks to @torcrot it would seem possible (however it may be more trouble than its worth to you.

- Done this using Directory Opus https://www.gpsoft.com.au/ (not confirmed with with Windows File Explorer.)
- The Fetch shows up under Network Locations.
- Right-click on a file and choose "Open With" in the menu - VERY IMPORTANT to choose this option,.
- Then select VLC media player (already installed on this PC)
- The file then saves to a location like: C:\Users\Your_name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\EFXP6G7C
-While it is copying you can click on the destination folder - in this case \EFXP6G7C and see the saving file.
- It is IMPORTANT to click on the Destination Shortcut (The Blue link shown in the image in this instance QD81P9VX) while the file is transferring, otherwise the destination 'folder' is impossible to locate.
- Once it is copied VLC opens the file and plays it, but it is also possible to go back to Directory Opus and save it to a permanent location on your PC or network..
- Now copy the .tts file from the destination to a permanent location while VLC is playing it, as it is only available during the time VLC is playing it.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Fetch content

Nice recall of that post Peter, one of my favourites.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors