Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can I change my Gen 2 Fetch STB for a WiFi version

geeaygee

Hi

I havwe had a Gen 2 Fetch STB for over 18 months. It has always been connected via a powerline adapter. When I changed over to the NBN for some reason the Netcomm Entertainment powerline adapter would not work. It allowed me to connect up to 4 devices through one ethernet port on the modem. I then had a Netcomm modem & it worked fine, I also used it with a Netgear Nighthawk modem/router. 

Sadly I cannot get it to work with the Optus supplied modem. It shuts down the whole system. My reason for this back story is that I now can only run one pwereline adapter as there is only one spare power point. I would like to also havew Foxtel attached to the internet but can only run Fetch or Foxtel.

If I had a WiFi Fetch STB that would leave the power point free to use for Foxtel.

So just need to know whether I can do a swap and if so does it cost extra?

Thank you

Geeaygee

Re: Can I change my Gen 2 Fetch STB for a WiFi version

AlexRH

Hey there! 

If you wanted to upgrade your Yes TV by Fetch unit we can definitely arrange this for you Smiley Happy 

Once we select the option to upgrade your current STB will cease to work at the address.

If you'd like us to check it out for you, please get in touch with our Customer Care team via Live Chat here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

"My reason for this back story is that I now can only run one pwereline adapter as there is only one spare power point. I would like to also havew Foxtel attached to the internet but can only run Fetch or Foxtel."

Just buy a small switch? You can plug it into the powerline adapter and then any other devices you want.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

geeaygee

Thanks Peter

I tried a D-Link switch but it too stopped the modem from working. Everything failed, WiFi, Phone, both powerline adapters. I tried it several times and always got the same result. I had to power reset the modem to get back working.

I don't understand whi it can work witrh Netcomm, Netgear but not the modem supplied by Optus. I would change over the modem but then won't be able to use my landline which we need to have working.

Very frustrating!!

Cheers

GAG

Solution

petergdownload

Frustrating indeed. If you have something set up that works then a switch is completely passive. You can place it anywhere in the line and it will not disrupt anything. Its like having a lamp plugged into the wall and then using a double adapter.

I recently worked out how to use the Optus modem for the phone and then some other modem for your internet. Read here

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos