Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Chunzi123
Occasional Contributor

Can I Upgrade Fetch TV Gen 2 To Gen 3?

hi,

i have a gen two set top box that I signed up for a month ago. I am on a 24 month contract and I noticed the Fetch TV generation 3 box is out now. Can I upgrade my box or do I have to wait until my contract is up. The gen 3 box will improve my experience because power line adapters do not work very well in my house and the wifi in the gen 3 box is better.

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Can I Upgrade Fetch TV Gen 2 To Gen 3?

You could always upgrade from Gen 1 to Gen 2 but there was a fee. I assume it would be the same from Gen 2 to Gen 3. I didn't know Optus was offering Gen 3 yet though

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In the T&C's it says to upgrade you must recontract. So if your only a couple of months in, recontract to get the Mighty.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @Chunzi123 - at this stage only new and re contracting customers who sign up for either the My Entertainment Plus Bundle or Optus Reach Entertainment Plus Bundle are eligible for Gen 3 Yes TV by Fetch Mighty. Chat with us here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us so we can look in to it for you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Shibby
New Contributor

We signed up ages ago and just recently moved house. Well the wall Internet adaptors here dont work well and we keep loosing conection.

Optus then without warning or anything changed our plan on us, starting our contract from scratch. There was no communication given in regards to this and would have appreciated the chance to upgrade our fetch box to have wifi so that we could stream tv seamlessly. However now we are stuck on a brand new contract with a fetch box that we can hardly use due to the horrible connection

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @Shibby - depending on  the type of service, sometimes we do require you to re-contract if the plan you were on is not in our current plan suite but you should be advised of this as part of the recontract process. In regards to the FetchTV STB, if you can send me through your full name, DOB, Internet Account number and new address I'll be more than happy to have a look and see what we can do. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Wazdog
Occasional Contributor

The upgrade should be free. Seriously thinking of ending contract if they want you to pay for an upgrade when they took away the YouTube app in the first place. Should be getting refunds now for the missing app. Seriously Optus you need to get your act together.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors