Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Buffering in Netflix

Frustrated100

Have just joined Netflix and am using Safari on a Macbook Pro. I can only watch the first 20 minutes of any show then it starts buffering - circle continues indefinitely. When I log off and on /shut down and restart it is still unable to play. I can watch the first 20 minutes or so of any program - one after another. They never come off buffering.

I called Netflix and they said it was a DNS problem and to call Optus. My speed is 33 so it is fine.

Anyone got any clues?

Also - even though the speed is 33 mpbs will a problem occur (buffering) if too many people are trying to use the tower at one time?

Thanks

Re: Buffering in Netflix

Paddylee

Its something other then buffering as if needs to buffer for you to watch the first 20 minutes.

Have you tried with a browser other then safari?

Does the internet still work for other websites when netflix fails? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Solution

Davelew

Hi

What happens when you stream on your smartphone from the Netflix app?

If that still buffers would show a problem with data speeds.

You could also manually change the DNS address on you MacBook to one of these addresses:

192.189.54.33 / 203.8.183.1 / 192.189.54.17 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Frustrated100

Hi,

Thanks. It must have been Safari. The Netflix person tried suggesting a few settings changes but none worked. It's now ok on Firefox.

Frustrated100

Hi Dave

I switched from Safari to Firefox and the problem seems to have been fixed.

Thanks for responding to my question.

J

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
11 Kudos