cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Britbox - can’t select to join on Fetch

Am trying to select Britbox to join On Fetch but nothing happens. Is there a problem, or anyone else having issues!
8 Replies

Re: Britbox - can’t select to join on Fetch

Hi Dotheday, thanks for reaching out and it's great to see you're trying to get on the new Britbox content via your Fetch TV service.

In case you haven't already done so, sign up to BritBox or register your Fetch box using a unique code available via the Britbox app on your Fetch.

Please let us know how you go.

New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi - thanks for answering. I’ve signed up on my phone (free trial) but not able to select the britbox app on fetch. I’m selecting it and nothing is happening. No code showing .
0 Kudos

Hey @Dotheday, just to confirm, are you accessing the app via Menu > Apps > All on the Fetch set top box?  If so, do you see a code under "Enter the following code"?  This code would need to be entered into your sign up to link it with your Fetch set top box.

If possible, can you please take a photo of the screen you're seeing after clicking on the Britbox app on your Fetch and upload it here for us to see?

Can you also please try performing both a soft reset and hard reset then trying to access the app again?

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Optus, the Original posts concern seems to have been ignored or misread stated that nothing happens when you select Britbox on fetch not that they couldn’t sign in. You can’t use Britbox on fetch. It’s not about signing up it’s a technical issue. Clicking on Britbox doesn’t do anything, it is not linked to anything the Britbox screen in apps and the Britbox listing in TV guide are just images rather than links. They go nowhere and have no action when selected. Thanks
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi again, If the original post does a hard reset as you recommend, does this mean that they could lose all their recordings and require an activation code to use the fetch box again. If so, it might be a bit unfair to go through all this to then find out that the issue has to be resolved at your end.
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input, @Geomcard 🙂 

It's odd that @Dotheday is unable to load the Britbox login screen. @Dotheday, please let us know how you go. 

Performing a soft reset on your Fetch box clears all settings but won't remove any of your recordings.

New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi - yes I am going to the britbox app via menu, apps. Tried again today and it’s now showed the code and I’m in!

Thank you everyone! Happy girl here 💕

Yipppee! I'm glad you're able to access Britbox! Enjoying watching the shows 😄 @Dotheday