cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor fab61
New Contributor

Re: Box Not Activated (Fetch)

Hi

I'm wondering if you got your issue sorted out as we have just had Optus Internet connected and our Fetch Tv box is coming up with exactly the same error. It actually went through the whole setup process including activation and diagnostics and on restart it messed up and I cannot reactivate it. I have tried to reset it while speaking to Optus support and after a week I still cannot get it going. I've been told that someone will call me back and this has not happened yet - I have also been told by their support people that it is a known issue but they don't know how to fix it yet and that a replacement box will not fix the problem. In the meantime I have no Fetch Tv unless I leave the old iinet modem and Fetch Tv plugged in so that I have 2 networks running.

Can someone please provide an answer to this - has anyone managed to fix their issue?

Help!!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Emailv
New Contributor

Hi
I'm wondering if you got your issue sorted out as we have just had Optus Internet connected and our Fetch Tv box is coming up with exactly the same error. It actually went through the whole setup process including activation and diagnostics and we watched normal tv a lityle bit. But our 'knowledge pack' subscription wasnt working so we rang tech support and they got us to do a system reboot...and then our activation code ( which worked previously) disnt work. They have now said we have to wait for a few days!!! This is ridiculous because we are already oaying for the service. 

Can someone please look into thia! 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Colt1
New Contributor

Same problem here and we have been waiting for a month and a half.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dan09
New Contributor

Same problem here. Picked up my Fetch Mini about 3 weeks ago and it still won't allow me to enter my activation code. When I switch it on and connect to the internet, it just goes straight to the "Box Not Activated" screen described in earlier posts. Have tried calling Fetch technical support 3 times. The first time I was told this was happening because the box's serial number was entered incorrectly in-store. So I returned to the store and got serial number entered in correctly. But this hasn't resolved the issue. I've since called technical support twice in the past 2 weeks. Both times I've been told that I would be contacted within 24-48 hours with a new activation code and that the issue would be resolved. Both times I haven't heard anything and the issue has not been resolved. Tried calling AGAIN tonight and was told that there was a long wait to chat to a Fetch technical support staff and that I should try again in the morning. I am trying to remain patient here, but honestly, it's getting a bit ridiculous. What should I do now? Do I return the box to the store and ask for a new one? Do I just give up on the service altogether?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We did have an issue at around the same time that you'd received your Fetch mini. There was a system issue that was delaying the activation of some set top boxes. Are you able to send us a private message with your account details? I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. 

We'll try and sort this one out for you. If necessary, we'll reach out to our TV & Content team and have them take a look. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor drewmk22
New Contributor

I have the same issue... 

My fetch TV V3 experienced a fault last Friday evening and a new box arrived yesterday.

I have been passed around for the past 24 hours and given incorrect information on how to return a faulty fetch box, which had me drive accorss town to the TOLL depot.

I have had such a poor customer experience I am seriously contemplating handing all my Optus products back.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Very sorry to hear about your experience, @drewmk22

If you still need a hand with returning your faulty Fetch device, can you please send us a private message?

Please include your full name, D.O.B and mobile number.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor drewmk22
New Contributor

The faulty device is well on on its way back..

My fetch service however is not working!!!!

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

So you received a new box and it's not working? Smiley Sad

Can you please send us a private message with the details Ray has requested above? We can take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor drewmk22
New Contributor

Nearly a week later and still no customer service. I have rang everyday since monday and consistantly been told to wait 24 to 48 hours.. pathetic!

0 Kudos