Searching...

Re: Box Not Activated (Fetch)

[ Edited ]
Tano

Hey @drewmk22, just responded to your PM with more details.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Beyondajoke

same here and after many calls they have to wait for the "hire" team to activate the box.That can take up to 5 days apparently. But before that i have to wait 24-48 hours to be called. Someone did call me today but did not have the courtesy to call long enough for me to answer. So another week perhaps all up. They didn't even send me an activation code.

Sick of their shoddy service. Looking into alternatives tomorrow.

Bustlin

Optus
You continue to excel!
Fetch box died, I guess it happens.
New one arrived in the time frame - Miracle
Activation code sent by e-mail or text - NOPE

After 15 minutes - managed to retrieve. Not bad! Can they help activate? No goto tech support.
Tech support, yes done. Give 15 mins. 30 mins later not done.
Web site - click on My Services and you will see Fetch under my account.
Login - successful
My Account - successful

Fetch - you guessed it, not there...

Reading the posts of others it seems im in for more Optus pain...

Beyondajoke

Same here but ours didn't come with an activation code. It took 10 days for Optus to activate it. (Then there were 2 codes.) They would call me EVERY day to see if THEY had activated it!  They also kept promising me 3-5 days and one time a cross my heart promise of 24 hours. 5 days after that it was done. I expect it would have taken longer but i asked them how to return the box because i wanted to go with a new service provider. Optus live chats often don't work either. Had internet failing recently and I had to get up at 3 am to get through to them. Abysmal. Bring your issues up in public on their Facebook page. Only way to get their attention unfortunately. It's a shame Optus has gone downhill.

Madhusudhanan

I have the same problem for the past 2 weeks.  Technical support team said it will take more days as it is in back office for updating my records.  That's it.  May be there is lot of backlog and there is genuine reason for delay. 

However I would appreciate if there is better clarity on the status and reason for delay. 

johnsluk

I just had this error this morning after 9 months of everything working fine. Called up to find the fetch service had been removed from my account some how. They relinked it but now its having to be reset up again and currently waiting for activation codes so who knows how long that will take.

johnsluk

Actually was told they are upgrading their systems and all Fetch boxes were deactivated....

Solution

Ray_YC

Please note a round of Fetch reconciliation commenced this morning. This may have caused some customers to have lost their Fetch service/s.

These Fetch services were cancelled as they were not correctly provisioned to an eligible Optus core service. These customers were informed to call in by a 20th June via email/letter/Fetch tile to have their Fetch services correctly paired up.

Impacted customers will see an error message with the heading ‘Box Not Activated’.

Fetch.PNG

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

graeme5

I received a new Fetch box to replace a faulty one. Got it the morning after I rang so top marks for that, but I have the same log in problem. Support told me that no one could log in until THE 30TH OF JUNE! It's because they're changing their billing system apparently. Sounds a bit suss to me. Until the hard drive died the old one was working perfectly. Has any one else been given this reason?

Ray_YC

Please see Fetch TV Failed login

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos