cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor TonyHuynh
New Contributor

Box Not Activated (Fetch)

Hi,

I just received my fetch tv box today and once i turn it on it would show the following:

This box is not active.

We couldn't log in your Fetch Tv Service Provider.

Following these steps to fix.

1. Wait 3 minutes and then restart your Fetch Tv Box.

2. If the problem continues please contract your Fetch TV Service Provider and report that your box has a login error.

Is there anyone that can help with my inquiry.

Also i have tried to reset it, no good also i haven't had the chance to use my activation code.

Regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
Occasional Contributor CJ
Occasional Contributor

Re: Box Not Activated (Fetch)

Yikes! That doesn't sound right 

Usually those services are good to go as soon as you plug them in.

If you've double checked your connections and have followed the suggestions displayed on your telly but you're still getting issues, take a quick gander at their support page for more tips.

Otherwise, you may need to chat with the Care team online, the Social Media Crew or their Support peeps on 131344 over the phone, so they can take a closer look into what may be causing that error.

Hope this helps?

0 Kudos
New Contributor avluceno
New Contributor

Hi Tony 

How do you come up with your problem, I have the same exactly problem of what you have. I call the fetch tv support and they tell that I have to wait for 3 working days. It sucks, do you have any quick suggestions to solve this problem.

Thanks hope you reply.

Arnold

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Dave
RetiredModerator

Hi avluceno,

Just confirming if you've entered in your activation code when first using the Fetch unit?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor avluceno
New Contributor

No, I don't have chance to input my activation. The error was straight away display on my TV and same error even if I reset and switch off the unit several times.

RetiredModerator Dave
RetiredModerator

When you called up, were you given a reference number for the issue?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor dswu
New Contributor

Hi,

Did you get this issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. On the same screen the box also displays its IP address (looks OK) and a serial number of -1. Called Optus support and they activated it on their end but box still displayed the same thing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Heya dswu

Just to confirm - did our techs supply you with an activation code? Have you tried to enter this and it's still not working? Are you connected via a power line adaptor or ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
New Contributor dswu
New Contributor

Hi Hollie,

It doesn't even get to the screen where it asks you for the activation code. I talked to the tech support and it seems like the serial number of the box hadn't been programmed or incorrectly programmed (it shows a serial number of -1), so they're sending me a replacement box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Oh that is a bit strange! Thanks for keep us updated though Smiley Happy 

Please let me know if you need a hand with anything else. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors