Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Chunny
New Contributor
New Contributor

Blurred EPL

I also have regularly blurred EPL games which is infuriating. I have watched at Gladesville, Chatswood and Wyong and the same issue. Not all the time but often enough to make me want to drive to Optus at Macquarie Park and picket the place demanding something be done. I can assure those at Optus that nobody EVER had an issue with Foxtel coverage.

At Foxtel we could watch every game live without freezing images, blurred vision or other rubbish dished up by a second rate provider.

We were happy with Foxtel. You have ruined the experience for most EPL fans and stolen it altogether from others. I don't really want to speak with a call centre off shore who tell me I don’t live in the right place or my modem or internet isn't good enough. I have the latest modems and internet service Via ADSL & NBN  & still the same issues.

Optus has had We'll over a year to fix these issues but have apparently done nothing except bill us for the 'experience'.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Blurred EPL

I don't think you can say "nobody EVER has an issue with Foxtel coverage". Maybe you didn't but I doubt it was 100% all the time.

That said, can you provide some more info and we'll see if we can help. 

- What sort of broadband do you have at home? You mentioned both DSL and NBN so want to be sure

- What are your typical speeds on your home service?

- How are you watching the EPL? Fetch or something else?

- How are you connecting to your device of choice? Wired or Wireless? 

- What other troubleshooting have you done?

Optus have done a lot with their EPL coverage over the last year and made significant improvements. It's evident in the drop in complaints on this forum if you ask me, and I don't even like EPL. But things like switching to hardware encoding over software encoding shows that they do want to improve, and are. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Hsstrike
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. Live and replay streamings on the app or browser on the net. They are rubbish. I am a paying customer. And i don't like being given sht service. No one does. I had foxtel too before till you guys messed it up. It was fine for the term of 2 years i had with them. They would have had 5% problem. No one is perfect. But you guys is like almost 90% to 95% problem. So you guys took something which was alright and mad it worst and asking for solution from paying customer to fix it. Really???!! Go and ask foxtel how they did it. That might help you guys. Every time a team is near the box or some important turn in a game, it goes all blurry. Do you have any idea how frustrating is that. I am using your bleddy 4g service and yes its running at 50 to 70mbps. There are no problem with speed. I tried my home dsl on wifi which is a different provider. Still the same. Used different devices. Still the same. Pretty much summed up the only thing left is your website and your app. You have been having the rights for more than a year. Give it to some one else who can do it or don't charge people for the stupid service which you can't uphold the quality for it. Go fix it then start a rant with people. I am going to the ombudsman with this. I shouldnt be paying for services like this. Or services like this being allowed to operate. Leave it to some one who can do it.

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Terribly sorry for the delay with our response, @Hsstrike. Has normal service resumed since posting? If not, I'll need you to quickly fill-out a fault report here.

Once you've filled this out, a representative from our TV and Content team will touch base to escalate your issue. If you're facing issues with your stream quality and complete the form during a live game, you'll be contacted within an hour. If you have any questions in the meanwhile, feel free to speak with us via Live Chat

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
scottyscott
New Contributor
New Contributor

Totally agree.... never had an issue watching on fox , I watch the scottish football live with no issues and never have youtube problems ... Epl on optus is a complete joke .... 40 seconds of game followed by another 30 seconds of blurravision then buffering and another 40 seconds of game ... JOKE ... Optus have totally ruined the quality of the epl for me and obviously many others , total disgrace the way they have blackmailed and bullied football fans into having to accept their internet " service" Surely there is a legal requirement to actually provide the goods and services that they advertise.... Needs looking into
0 Kudos
Top Contributors