cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Bluetooth on Fetch Boxes

Hi

For those of you with a Fetch box and who don't read the Optus blogs a great new feature has been added to Fetch with the latest update, Bluetooth connectivity..  For me the ability to pair my headphones with the Fetch box and not upset my wife with the soccer blaring from the TV speakers is worth it's weight in gold.

Well done, Fetch and Optus, for a great update.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Fetch-Software-Release-v2-21/ba-p/501874

To Optus, it would be good if when an update to the Fetch box is downloaded could there not be a message appear on the TV explaing the update.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
8 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Bluetooth on Fetch Boxes

That's great ! ..... for those who are lucky enough to have the Mighty or the Mini, as for me, I still have the Gen2 from years ago (yes I am a loyal Optus customer, but it doesn't pay off). When my Gen2 had a problem, Optus replaced it  ... with another Gen2, never been upgraded, so no WiFi no Bluetooth and no Youtube for me :-(  Thank you Optus.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi @Caledoz

If you recontract you can get the fetch mighty. The only problem with that is it will cost you an extra $5 per month to replace the mini with the mighty, but you may be happy with the mini.

Of course you will then be contracted to Optus for a further 24 months.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Davelew I should not have to recontract, I have been with Optus for years, both mobile, home phone and internet and I am happy with the plan I have at the moment, it's better than the new ones, my Fetch Gen2 (not a mini) is included in the plan, I am just saying that with the amount of dollars I have given Optus over the years, they should upgrade me to the new model with Wifi and bluetooth for free.

Maybe if this one fail, they will this time send me a new model.

Also, each time (and I meam EACH time) over the years when I have either changed plan or changed something on one of my plans it has gone horibly wrong and I have spent hours, days, weeks, sometime months on the phone and chat to try to get it fixed, so I am very reluctant to change anything.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

I know where you are coming from and it does seem unfair, but as with all telcos they are reluctant to upgrade any equipment unless you recontract..   I imagine Optus look at it as sending  a $400 fetch box with no commitment from you.

Edit. Should have said if you have an eligible phone plan you do get $10 per month of your broadband with a new contract.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@DavelewI am already getting the $10 per month. Like I wrote previously, I have been with Optus for yeeeeeeears, and the new plans are not as good value as the old ones, so I will not change plans. As far as commitment is concerned, being with Optus for more than 10 years is I think commitement enough and they should upgrade their boxes free of charge for loyal customers, it would also compensate a little bit for all the stuff up they have done over the years plus the slow internet speed we are getting at "peak hours" (starting at 3:30 PM after school), weekends. school holidays, and the hours and days wasted on phone calls and chat to try to get them to fix all of their stuff up, so please, do not talk to me about commitment.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RussB
Occasional Contributor

I managed to pair my sony bluetooth headphones to the Fetch Mighty ok. Returning after several hours of headphones off/Fetch in standby, I turn both on, Fetch recongises that the headphones are on and paired (message on screen), but no sound coming through headphones. Only solution so far is to forget pairing and pair again. I don't want to have to do that everytime. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RussB
Occasional Contributor

strike that! It is now working.

0 Kudos
New Contributor unpluggrd
New Contributor

Hi Dave et all,  I successfully paired my Bluetooth speaker to the fetch box mini, but the sound is terrible, I tried another speaker, the same, and my friend's headphones, all the same.  After an hour with the helpline, and being told that I "cannot expect the sound quality that I would expect" they sent a new fetch box. I had the same result!   I have no trouble when connecting the same speaker to a cable from an HDMI audio extractor. All of the sound devices work perfectly with other Bluetooth sources.   My suspicion is that the Bluetooth module in these devices is sub-standard and therefore not fit for purpose. This view was re-inforced by the rather strange conversation I had with the helpline, the operator told me that they had one that was giving not so good sound at the place she worked.

Has anyone else had any difficulty with the sound quality through BlueTooth from the fetch box mini

I would like to set up my home cinema with the fetch box but am not inclined to invest in a $400 soundbar to find that the audio is unusable

unplugged

0 Kudos