Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Being charged for Iview programs i can watch for free on the internet

I have a Optus box with fetch tv. I'm wondering why if i watch something on Iview on the internet and then try to watch it on the fetch tv they want money to watch it. Have they set up the metrics so they know what ive seen on Iview on the internet so they can then charge me if i try to watch on TV? If i don't watch it on the internet it's often free to watch still on fetch, but I havent closely studied that.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Being charged for Iview programs i can watch for free on the internet

I've never heard of this before so I feel like there might be some confusion. 

To the best of my knowledge, everything to do with iView is completely free to use, no matter how many times you watch the same episode. Are you definitely using the iView app on your fetch box? Fetch does offer TV shows and movies for rent/buy at your cost but via iView you shouldn't receive any charges.

The only thing I can think of is you're seeing the message that Fetch displays to advise "data charges may apply" but that's to inform you that Fetch uses the internet and depending on your plan, it could mean you go over your limit and receive additional charges. It's not telling you you're paying for a service from Fetch. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the reply. It could be im confusing something. But Im pretty sure, well I know for sure, that I have watched something on Iview on my laptop using their app, then gone to fetch tv and found the same program on catch up ivew and they want money for me to be able to watch it. I have unlimited data, so its not a data message, its a pay to view. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

When you get a chance, can you try and have the message shown again and provide the exact wording here? Or take a photo? 

You having unlimited data doesn't mean anything. Fetch displays a message warning it's users of potential data charges from their ISP because they don't know what plan you're on so just in case you're not unlimited, they're warning you to be careful of going over and being charged more. 

Taken from the iView help and support site: iview is simple, has no ads, and is free to use.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Top Contributors